cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
garros
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 6830 Main Paper Tray Broken - How 2 cont. using till replacement tray arrives?

Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Now that there is no main paper tray present, the printer won't let me get passed the "A paper tray is open" error message, even though the rest of the unit is in perfect working order and a missing tray should in no way mean scanning is affected, Also the paper input on the top of the unit shoud also be unaffected. How do I bypass this error (other than fooling the unit by sticking the contacts in the tray cavity down so that it thinks the tray is present? Pls help! This is very frustrating and if there isn't a work-around, I would say verging on a scan (like Epson's initial-only printer cartridges that can't be used if you put other ones in first). If I find that to be the case, I guess it's Canon and Brother who get a turn but my past HP m/function lasted over a decade and was brilliant so I'd hate to have to go elsewhere out of principle.. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
32,654 26,028 2,379 8,062
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 6830 Main Paper Tray Broken - How 2 cont. using till replacement tray arrives?

It would seem you have a workaround - close the contacts that indicate the tray is installed. The check for the tray is part of the printer initialization, you will need to do this to allow operation without the tray installed.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation