Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet P2035
Microsoft Windows XP

I am trying to print multiple cpoies ofthe same note on multiple notecards sized 8.5 x 5.5 inches.  The note cards are a heavier stock than normal paper.  The first card prints cleanly but as the second and more cards are printed, there appears a faint reprint id the text below the original text.  Sometimes the repeat image is heavy enough to almost read it. 

The faint repeated text starts about 2.5 inches below the original.

I have tried adjusting the paper weight, cleaning the printer, printing the cleaning page several times and in frustration changing the cartridge.  Nothing changes.  Test pages are flawless. 

If I wait 5 minutes between copies and print one copy each time, it will print ok.  This is a pain when the customer wants 50 copies.

Anyone think of a process to try? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you Dave.  The idea of the fuser not getting the card stock hot enough was the clue.

The heaviest paper setting is only available with the top (#1) tray.   We were always using the #2 tray because that is the way it was done before.  The medium weight setting was the heaviest setting for this tray. 

Starting over, I created a custom setting with the actual size of the card, not just the closest of the available selections, the heaviest paper setting and the top tray.  This worked to clear up the ghost repeat printing and as a bonus, multiple copies can be printed instead of one at a time.

After about 3 copies, there is just atrace of the ghost.  I will try a 600 dpi setting so maybe there will not be so much toner to try to fuse to the heavy card stock.  I wish there was a way to set a time delay between each copy to allow the fuser to get back up to full temperature for the next card. 

Again, thanks for the response and the knowledge.

Tim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I would guess this is because the printer is not getting the paper hot enough to fuse all of the toner due to the thick card stock, so some of it is getting stuck on the fuser and appearing on the next page.

I guess you could try interleaving the thick stock with some normal paper, and print a blank page between each to clean out the stray toner.

HP Recommended

Thank you Dave.  The idea of the fuser not getting the card stock hot enough was the clue.

The heaviest paper setting is only available with the top (#1) tray.   We were always using the #2 tray because that is the way it was done before.  The medium weight setting was the heaviest setting for this tray. 

Starting over, I created a custom setting with the actual size of the card, not just the closest of the available selections, the heaviest paper setting and the top tray.  This worked to clear up the ghost repeat printing and as a bonus, multiple copies can be printed instead of one at a time.

After about 3 copies, there is just atrace of the ghost.  I will try a 600 dpi setting so maybe there will not be so much toner to try to fuse to the heavy card stock.  I wish there was a way to set a time delay between each copy to allow the fuser to get back up to full temperature for the next card. 

Again, thanks for the response and the knowledge.

Tim

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.