Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had an Epson printer installed and everything worked fine.  Awhile ago (6 months or more) I uninstalled the Epson and installed LaserJet CM1415fnw.  Ever since I can print in all programs except MS Word.  When printing in MS Word I get the following message.

PCL XL Error

Subsystem:  KERNEL

Error:  IllegalOperatorSequence

File Name:  kernel.c

Line Number:1822

It's driving me crazy not being able to print in Word.  For all these months I'm copying things to other programs to print and I can't keep doing this.  Can someone please guide me to a fix for this?  I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Update the firmware on the printer, and let me know if you have the same issue?

HP LaserJet Pro Series Firmware Update Utility

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
HP Recommended

Hi ng30,

Uninstall the printer from the Add/Remove programs, and then reinstall it using the current version on the web.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4089468&task=&

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
I also have a PCL XL Error

Here's the message:

PCL XL Error
Subsystem: TEXT
Error: InternalError 0x50
File Name: cheettext.c
Line Number: 710

Anyone can help? Thank you very much!
HP Recommended

Hi eddiewazzle,

Uninstall the printer from the Add/Remove programs, and then reinstall it using the current version on the web.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategor​y?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4089468&task=&

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

only reinstall??? , i can`t Believe.....

Now , my company  , in group have 20 computer

all 20 computer print cm1415 , have some Problem , "internalError 0x50"

only reinstall can solve the problem??? , XXX!!!!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my two day old CM1415fnw.

I am unable to print anything but repeats of:

PCL XL Error

Subsystem: TEXT

File Name: cheettext.c

Line Number: 710

The printer has now gone through over 40 pages of these error messages and my toner levels are dropping rapidly.

Is this a quick and easy way for HP to obtain greater toner sales? If so i am far from happy.

As for the only "reply" being to "uninstall", surely there must be a better option.

By uninstalling do you hope the problem will just disappear so you don't have to deal with it?

Why not actively work to resolve the bug rather than trying to ignore it?

As the fault is not mine and the only course of action provided by HP is to "uninstall", is HP going to reimburse me for my time spent rectifying their software/hardware issues that you can't be bothered fixing yourselves?

My hourly charge out rate is $420.00. I will "uninstall" as you don't seem to be able to provide any other option and i will send you the bill for my time. I expect prompt payment of my invoice within 7 days.

Let's hope the problem does not reoccur...

....and HP.... seriously think about doing better on your product support other than offering the option "uninstall". It demonstrates to me that you are pathetic and simply do not care.

HP Recommended

Ditto here!  Pages and pages of same PCL XL Error as described in previous post.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled TWICE now.  Eek!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I have the same problem again...the first time I fixed it by uninstalling the printer, uninstalling the latest version of Adobe and reinstalling Adobe 9. Then reinstalling the printer.

But now hte problem is back...

I spent hours on the phone with HP, all they care to say is "it's a windows problem", I tried to go to Windows for support I have to pay, I called Samsung (my laptop brand) they said they can't do anything because it's a Windows issue.

HP get a fix on this or I swear I'm never buying any of your products

PCL XL Error

Subsystem Tex

LIne Number: 710

HP Recommended
That did not fix anything for me.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.