Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
It looks like some of these issues have been highlighted before but I would like to know if these are common faults, which they look to be, and as to whether I stay with this device or return for Kodak variant?
I have recently purchased a new sprocket and proceeded to print approx 10 nice photos. On printing some more today all have pink hue (noted by others previously) and vertical lines through photos (noted by others previously). I have carried out a reset, firmware update, run the blue cleaner sheets multiple times etc but nothing has helped. As the cost of the paper is quite a lot I don't know if worth attempting anything else.
Does anyone have further ideas I can try or would you recommend returning?
As the issues have been noted previously are these design issues I will see again with any replacement product?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @phil1080, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have print quality issues by printing from the sprocket.

Don't worry I'd love to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Use these recommendations to help improve print quality.

• Use genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper. ZINK® makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as
Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper for best results. To purchase genuine
HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper, go to the hpsprocket.com homepage. You can also purchase genuine HP ZINK®
Sticky-Backed Photo Paper from other retailers.
• Clean the output rollers with the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet from the same pack of photo paper currently in the
printer. Load the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet into the input tray with the bar code facing down and the photo paper with
the print side facing up, and then send a print job.
 NOTE: Load photo paper with the Smartsheet to avoid an “Out of Paper” error message.
• Allow the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs. When the printer becomes too warm, an error
message might display on the HP Sprocket app. “Cooling down... Sprocket needs to cool down before printing another
job. Wait to send another photo.” Tap OK to clear the message.
• Store the photo paper in a cool, dry place and avoid contact with water. If water spills on a photo, wipe it away as
soon as possible to prevent damaging the photo.
• Use clean, wrinkle-free photo paper. Avoid loading wrinkled or curled photo paper into the printer.
• Make sure images have a minimum resolution of 818 x 1258 pixels per inch (ppi) for optimal print quality. Screencaptured
images from your mobile device might not have sufficient resolution for optimal print quality. See your mobile
device manufacturer for more information. 

Refer the printer user guide for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
All of the above has been done and makes no difference to print quality.
HP Recommended

@phil1080, It's been great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Since you have already updated firmware and performed reset on the printer but the still persists.

It looks to be a hardware issue, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.