Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart Premium All In One printer.  Every time I print photos they have a green tint.  I cannot find a way to calibrate the printer.  How can I fix this issue? 

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Which Photosmart printer are you using?

• C309g
  • C309h
HP Recommended

mine are printing too red and I have done everything to fix it to no avail. I use windows7 and I have the c309g printer so any suggestions would be appreciated

HP Recommended

Hi

Try following the steps in the following document , in particular make sure to clean the printhead and align the printer. Please let me know if this helps...

Kind Regards

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

did you get a solution to this issue?

HP Recommended

Did this happen when you installed a new cartridge.  That is happened to me.  Also, the alignment page which printed when I initially installed the new printer, is not the same page that printed when I replaced the cartridge.  In order to get the scan alignment to work, I found the original alignment page, and then I received a statment that alignment was complete; only now, everything has a green tint.  HELP indeed.

HP Recommended

Defective cartiridge...no red bar on the printer color test...bought a new one, works fine..good luck trying to get a refund under warranty!

HP Recommended

@spookyorv31 wrote:

Defective cartiridge...no red bar on the printer color test...bought a new one, works fine..good luck trying to get a refund under warranty!

Hi spookyorv31, I know you made this post some time ago, but just as an FYI the details on determining cartridge warranty is in the link below

Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges, Printheads, and Related Supplies

Kind Regards

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

The answer is to Clean the Print heads!!!

I had this problem and I saw a thread where people had it happen on a Canon and HP printer and even after replacing cartrdiges so they assumed it was a software problem. I knew that was not the case because on one of my photos, you could see a smear of green tint near the end and then the photos after had a green tint on the entire photo.

I did some research and concluded that I either needed new cartridges or some type of maintenance. By doing a Print Test Page and seeing that the colors were a little off, I knew it wasnt the program I was using. I tried Clean Printhead and boom, back to looking beautiful and all colors spot on!!

P.S. I know this is an old thread but it like many others on this topic had no good solutions so I wanted to post it for people in the future who find it while trying to address a similar problem.

HP Recommended

We're having the same green tint issues. I have cleaned the printheads, aligned the printer, cleaned the printheads again, re-aligned, taken every cartridge out and "cleaned" the bottoms with a soft paper towel, replaced, cleaned the printheads again and then re-aligned. Still a green tint. Any suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.