Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @HP5520-No-Black and welcome to the HP Forums!

I can certainly understand why you're frustrated, as you've tried so many steps already, but I would be happy to help.

I just want to start with saying, if you bought the printer less than a year ago there should still be warranty on it, it's just that the website can't always take in to account that the printer wasn't purchased right after it was manufactured.

I am going to send you a private message though to discuss what we can do next 🙂 If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions.

Talk to you soon!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Looking forward to it... I just bought a Canon yesterday, but the box is still sealed and i have the reciept...

HP Recommended

Miss TeriLynn--I am in the same boat as the ther posts.  Barely a year olf 5520.  Keep buying ink.  No solution.  Tried tech support...worthless.  Tried all steps suggested...no black.Let me know what HP proposes to do.

HP Recommended

Omar-E  --  I am in same boat as the others.  Please respond as to what HP proposes to do.  Have tried all steps and tech support...waste of time (and very expensive ink) all the way around.

HP Recommended

Hi @mft007 and welcome to the HP Forums!

I'd certainly like to lend a helping hand with your Photosmart 5520 not printing black ink 🙂

Just need to know, what country are you in? Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello MissTeriLynn.  I am in the same boat as most others in this thread.  My 5520 is out of warranty and after going through all of the steps, it seems that my print head is broken.  I have wasted so much money now on ink cartridges and am very displeased with the quality of support that I've received when calling tech support.  They flat out told me that this issue was caused by me having viruses.  I do not have viruses.  I am certain. 

Any help that you can provide will be much appreciated.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi @mishiefishie,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I can certainly understand why you're frustrated! I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the phone support agent. This isn't something caused by viruses on a computer, and really not something caused by you either, so again I'm sorry to hear that happened!

I'm hoping with some actual help I can improve your opinion of HP and it's tech support agents 🙂

I'm going to send you a private message so we can discuss what the next best step is in getting this issue resolved for you. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions.

Will talk with soon!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Miss TeriLynn

Please private message me as I am having this same issue. My HP 5520 printer is just over a year old and not printing black ink. Have tried multiple new black cartridges, and tech support was not helpful in getting my issue resolved. 

Jim

HP Recommended

Hi Jim (@jle030453),

Welcome to the HP Forums!

As it's not a solution that I'm sending to people Jim, could I just have you verify that you've tried the steps in this Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink document please?

If you have tried those steps and your problem has remained the same, please let me know what country you're in and whether the printer is in or out of warranty, thanks!

Hope to talk with you soon Smiley Happy

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have tried everything that HP provides for this problem.  Problem still persists.  The warranty on my HP 5520 expired earlier in 2014.  Since this problem is very common, I'm looking for some resolution other than:  sorry your printer is out of warranty.  Please respond.  Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.