Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same same. Read all and ended up running ad nauseum printhead cleaning tool and deep clean, thinking that if soaking can solve it, so might that. Fixed the problem!!! Probably cleaning should be done weekly, seems like the weakness of this printer...

HP Recommended

The screen on the printer is not even like this. This is worthless.

HP Recommended

I have tried to realign the print head and it fails every time . I have tried from both the printer and computer. IT WILL NOT PRINT BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this printer is less than a year old! What other brand should I try?

HP Recommended

I would recommend that you do a hard reset on the printer. To do that, use the following steps.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the product.
2. With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the power button to turn it on.

Try that and let me know if it helps!

Best of luck,

Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Did that. No help. Like I said HP told me to take it back to Office Depot and maybe they could fix it. He he he he! What a joke. They are really making junk now.

HP Recommended

What number did you call for support? HP doesn't recommend that you take it back to the store if it is warranty. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Yes, I called the HP support number that is on the web site that opened from the printer software. They were able to tell that the printer was out of date and exactly when it was registered. I couldn't believe what they told me. 

HP Recommended

If you're out of warranty and have a hardware issue, such as a bad print head, then there really isn't much you can do. 

Did the date that they said sound right? If you still have the receipt for the purchase and you are still within one year, you can dispute the warranty on the printer as long as you can prove it with a receipt. 

Signature
HP Recommended
No, I am three months over on the warranty. It seems that that is about the normal life now on these printers. Everyone seems to be loosing the black at 11 to 16 months. I didn't really print that much am only on the third set of cartridges counting the ones that came with it.
HP Recommended

I replaced the cartidge hp 564Xl and now it will not print in black? What is wrong?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.