Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Upgraded to Maverick - New AirPort Time Capsule (so new wireless network)

Was working previous to upgrades above...

Unistall and Install wizard doesn't recognize printer. Won't find it.  When these wizards say to choose device it is not showing.

Trying to change the ssid and wep on printer to be able to connect wirelessly to network to share printer.

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi SteveMacH,

I understand you have a Photosmart C4780 printer, have switched wireless routers, and are wanting to connect to Mac OSX 10.9. I will certainly do my best to help you with this.

Because there is no full feature software to connect your printer with OS X v10.9, we will have to take a slightly different approach to get the printer connected to your new router.

First what you will do is to restore the network defaults on the printer. To do this, with the printer on the main screen, touch the button next to Scan, then the button next to Wireless Menu, then select Restore Network Defaults. After about 5 minutes please proceed in printing the Network Configuration Page, and this will give you the IP address to put into the browser (that will be explained momentarily).

At approximately 1:19 seconds into this video, the person demonstrates how to connect to the printer's network which you will do. Then continue with the video to enter your IP address into a web browser. Your Embedded Web Server should look very similar to the one in the video. He instructs you to put in everything manually, but you should have an option for simply running the Wireless Setup Wizard as well, and I'd suggest that route if it is available.

Once the printer is connected to your wireless network, you can stop watching the video. Now you can connect your Mac back to your own network (that you just connected the printer to). After that click your Apple icon, go to System Preferences, open Print and Scan and proceed to add the printer using the + symbol.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi SteveMacH,

I understand you have a Photosmart C4780 printer, have switched wireless routers, and are wanting to connect to Mac OSX 10.9. I will certainly do my best to help you with this.

Because there is no full feature software to connect your printer with OS X v10.9, we will have to take a slightly different approach to get the printer connected to your new router.

First what you will do is to restore the network defaults on the printer. To do this, with the printer on the main screen, touch the button next to Scan, then the button next to Wireless Menu, then select Restore Network Defaults. After about 5 minutes please proceed in printing the Network Configuration Page, and this will give you the IP address to put into the browser (that will be explained momentarily).

At approximately 1:19 seconds into this video, the person demonstrates how to connect to the printer's network which you will do. Then continue with the video to enter your IP address into a web browser. Your Embedded Web Server should look very similar to the one in the video. He instructs you to put in everything manually, but you should have an option for simply running the Wireless Setup Wizard as well, and I'd suggest that route if it is available.

Once the printer is connected to your wireless network, you can stop watching the video. Now you can connect your Mac back to your own network (that you just connected the printer to). After that click your Apple icon, go to System Preferences, open Print and Scan and proceed to add the printer using the + symbol.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I recently attempted this setup method, in the video he says go to HPsetup in the air port. I do not see HP setup, however the wireless on the printer appears to be enabled as the blue light is showing. Is there possibly a different method or name for the network?

HP Recommended

In addition, the network configuration page shows 7 networks discovered including my home network, HPsetup is not on the list.

HP Recommended

Hi ashleylp03,

It would depend on the printer that you have, and if you've restored the network defaults on the printer. It will only broadcast it's own signal to connect to when the network defaults have been restored.

Are you working with a Photosmart C4780? If not, which model HP printer do you have?

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Yes I have the model mentioned.
HP Recommended
When I press the button to restore network defaults the wireless disables. I have tried unplugging the printer and restarting the process and get the same results. When I enable the wireless, the wireless button lights solid blue, but no hpsetup or any other hp network can be found either on my Mac book air or my iPhone.
HP Recommended

Hi ashleylp03,

Restoring the network defaults just clears the wireless settings from the printer. When that's done the wireless light should be blinking, which just means it's not connected not that it's disabled.

Once you restore the network defaults on the printer, wait about 2-3 minutes and then print the Network Configuration page. What is the URL for the Embedded Web Server (EWS)?

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

I tired to follow each step. I restored network defaults and waited 5 mins. Then enable wireless, the wireless button lights solid blue. Everything seems fine, but i still can not find the hpsetup or any hp networks. The URL is http://0.0.0.0.

HP Recommended

Hi nino2222,

Thanks for the reply.

Try power cycling everything, meaning turn off the printer and the Mac, pull the power cord on the router for 30 seconds and then once it's back up to normal, turn the printer and Mac back on and try the steps to restore the network defaults again.

Let me know how this goes for you!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.