Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

"For 0XC19a error messages the printer can't be recovered."

Thanks for the honest info.  I have spent 2 days trying to fix, and atleast I know I need to get a new printer 🙂

@Abhi_13 wrote:

Hello Members,

I have came across to your issues and we have a fix for it and you may try it, but that would only apply on the error codes begining with 0xC18A” an not with "0xc19a".

Try these steps for Photosmart C7280:

A. - Press and hold the “*” key.

B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.

Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”

C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.

Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0631R)

Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.

Press and release the “OK” button.

Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,

Press and release the “OK” button.

Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”. 

Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.

Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart   Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.

Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.

Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer

Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.

If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.

To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.

If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.

-----------------------------------------------------

For 0XC19a error messages the printer can't be recovered.

All the best and if it fixes the issue please click on Kudos...

---------------------------------

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself.

HP Recommended

Photosmart C7280 fails with "ink system failure" error code 0xc19a0035.

Help!!!!

HP Recommended

I was about to replace my printer due to frustration at the 0xc19a error and came across your post. With the thought that anything is worth a try before spending more money, I gave it a go. Please add my huge THANK YOU to all others I am sure you have received. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I got the 0xc19a0035 message, but turning off the printer and on the printer allows me to print. I have not used any expired inks. What is actually happening within the ink system and why can't a part replacement (print head) fix it.

If not, what do you recommend for a replacement unit for this printer (C7260) without having to spend $60 for ink cartridges! 

HP Recommended
I just finished following the detailed instruction and got to the end, a self test diagnostic page. But how furious was I when I lifted the top to see which cartridge I was low on and which I had in stock, when my error MSG came back to me. Sad to say I am never purchasing HP anymore. I was ready to fill the low reserve cartridge. Shame on HP for not warning the customer of this known problem. I press the button to shut it off and it won't shut down. Stays running and running with the shutting down screen. Seems like a hazard that should be looked into.
HP Recommended

I'd like to know why HP even puts an expiration on the ink cartridges.  Is it so they can sell more of their expensive ink?  I don't want someone to simply tell me what to do, or what not to do, I want to know the reason behind it.

I've been having the "ink system failure" code also (I don't recall the exact code at the moment) and none of these steps has cleared the problem.  I just turn it off and back on, wait for it to complete it's gyrations, then print what I need.

I took the thing apart to see if there was anything that needed attention since it was making this awful grinding noise, like gears out of sync, and I had ink bleeding out of the bottom of the printer.  I figured the reservoir where the ink gets sprayed during a head cleaning was over-flowing, however there was not that much in there.  I'm not sure where the ink leaked out, but I cleaned it all up. What a mess!!

I noticed that when the printer goes through it's initialization that there were air bubles in all six of the ink lines feeding to the printhead (it's a clear plastic cover on the printhead, so you can see it clearly). I don't know if this is normal or not, but it seemed a bit odd.  There is also some sort of a reservoir in the front right side of the printer where the ink lines feed into it before exiting to the printhead. Not sure what that is for either.  Just before I opened it up, I got an "ink pump failure" or something related to that. This is what prompted be to open it up....since it is well out of warranty, I was not concerned about taking it apart.

I'd really like to know what needs to be done to fix this thing.  Like everyone else I hate to toss it since we've only had it about a year and a half, maybe two. And having it serviced is probably more than buying a new one.  I think I'll consider a Canon or Lexmark for my next printer.

HP Recommended

Hey All,

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl.

They may have more information that may help you.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

You ARE the Man.  Your directions were crisp & precise.  Based on evidence it solved some of my problem.  BUT, I do still have an error icon that appears in the lower left corner of the Welcome window.  I will attempt to attach an image I drew that is similar to th icon.  I would appreciate any additional support you can offer.

HP Recommended

Kudos to you!! I am so happy that my printer works now. I thought I would have to throw this out and buy another printer. Thank you so much! 

HP Recommended

I tried that but the red still does not work. In my c7280 printer there are no error codes, the red just does not work.  Wondering if the heads that sprays the ink out can they be gotten anywhere?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.