Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have recently purchased a HP 6510a and it says successfully connected to my network. I've printed out the reports as outlined in the support pages and had passes. Downloaded the Scan and Print doctor and troubleshooting software to no avail. It has a static IP address assigned in my router.

I have connected the printer to my main machine with a USB and all is fine, but when searching for it from my other machine linked wirelessly it cannot find printer (also main machine cannot convert to use wireless - same issue). I then tried to go into ePrint on printer and check for firmware updates, but that says 'cannot connect to server'. Is there some port I need to unblock in my router, or something?

Thanks,

Paul.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Let's set a static IP address AND an external DNS for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Your antivirus software/firewall could be getting in the way, here.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've got a static IP address assigned and I can see my printer connected in my Router setup page. When I type the IP address into a browser however, I can't get the printer settings - address not found error.

I'm running Windows Firewall, but tried switching that off and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Also, have Microsoft Security Essentials running. The router is a BT hub - do I need to allow a certain port to be open or something?

Thanks,

Paul

HP Recommended

Uh, BT routers have problems with HP printers.

Download and run this utility: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-104282-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

When I try to download it, I get this message:

Sorry, we can't find that page. The page you are looking for is no longer available or has been moved.

It looks like the utility has been removed. Address bar shows:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL42878/mp-104282-2/HPPSdr.exe

Thanks,

Paul.

HP Recommended

Try it again, I think it was down over the weekend.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

No, still same issue. Have I got the right link?

HP Recommended

1.) Completely shut down your printer and restart it
2.) If you have prints that have not printed, log into ePrint Center (or create an account if you do not have one) and then look for your printer status. If printer status is green but you still have pending jobs, delete the pending jobs one at a time (Starting with the oldest first). There may be a print job stuck in the queue that further restricts other jobs from completing.
a. If option 1 or 2 above still doesn’t work, removing web services and re-adding web services will cause the printer to reattach to the cloud.
b. Please note that if you attempt option 3, you will get a new eprint email address (and lose your custom one with noability to get it back) furthermore, you will need to re-add your printer back to your ePC account.

Hi,

Sorry but I don't think that has anything to do with trying to connect my printer to my computer wirelessly. I'm  not using ePrint - I'm trying to connect my printer my network and can't get my computer to see it, also it can't connect to the Internet to update it's firmware.

Thanks,

Paul.

HP Recommended

Thank you this fixed my issue with using apps to scan photo to send to my email.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.