Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Same thing with my printer. It keeps going offline. Waste of my time.  Not what I paid for.

HP Recommended

Hi @TrendyBoi12

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am just about at wits end with this, not the printer I expected - constantly going offline, seems to come back online at its own discretion but never when i need it...

HP sort it please, can someone reach out?

HP Recommended

This is an absolute joke. You have done nothing to solve this issue. How can it be this hard to turn a printer ONLINE?????  I just want to do my work. I am not IT support. HP, get your S..T together!!!!

HP Recommended

The printer still goes offline.  I tried to install the PCL drive to see if that would change the outcome.  No, it has not.  I even tried to hook up the printer with a CAT5 cable.  I am not sure why this keeps happening.  Thanks, 

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem.  This is absolute crap.  I just bought an HP M428F three weeks ago.  I have been on with HP Tech chat and geek squad more times then I even want to disclose in the last 3 weeks.  I have do everything from unplugging, rebooting, messing with IP, creating new ports, deleting all software and reinstalling.  The printer just decides to work when it wants to but the majority of the time it is offline.  HP this is unacceptable, especially at times when a majority of people are confined to their homes and trying to work from a home office.  There needs to be a reason that the Windows 10 and HP printers are not connecting.  I am losing my mind.

HP Recommended

Yep. I've been working from home for 16 years.  One of THE most frustrating things in all that time is the problems I've had with HP Printers. Even buying a brand new one won't solve it. They need to start over and redesign the way they work with Win10. Either that or give up and do something else because making printers that work and delivering value for money seems to be something they are struggling with now for whatever reason.  Once again it's another company who have made a fortune from us all and yet we are the ones left doing all the work for them.  Constantly wasting our time to keep their products working because they don't test things enough before unleashing on the world. Then we get ripped off again every time we have to buy ink. They get rich from wasting our time and hard earned money. It's wrong, it needs to be addressed.

HP Recommended

Folks......once you come to terms with how much HP doesn't care about the products and services they offer, then you'll arrive at the required solution.

I've fought with 3 of their Officejet Pro printers and each was bad over the past 10yrs...and the support got worse.  I've also filled several truckloads of their printers (esp. laser) that can't survive up to 2 yrs of light office work....sometimes failing just weeks after the 1yr warranty has expired.  Don't get me started on the cost of their consumables..

The ONLY solutions that exist where you can survive while you own a HP printer:

-restart the Print Spooler service...that usually fixes it for me

- do NOT apply Hp updates if you can make that work....I've had good working printers stop working because of their one-size-fits-none updates

- run the printer out of ink and throw it away...and reconsider your next purchase

HP Recommended

H.P.

THIS.IS.UN.AC.CEP.TA.BLE. I have no idea how often our HP laptops fail to connect to our HP 5820 wireless printer. First off, not including a network port on the printer was a huge mistake. You saved a few pennies on this product, but it has lost way more value than that. The wireless-only connection is a recipe for failure and customer product dissatisfaction. Had I realized that prior, I would NEVER have purchased this printer. I was dumbfounded to find out there was no network port.
How often is it normal to run, re-run and then try something other than HP Print and Scan Doctor which claims to fix the problem, but rarely actually does? How about a solution that truly works and is guaranteed to keep working? You have the technology and know-how to create amazing products--but the 5820 has failed miserably. Please provide a once and for all fix for the offline printer frustration that 1,000's of your customers are fighting against.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.