Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Weird problem.  Just bought HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 also used HPEnvy 5530 with the same issue. So far I have discovered that the printer will not print from word, excel or Acrobat Reader XL. Also will not print a test page from Devices and printers - printer properties. Using a troubleshoot option tells me to use printer set up wizard to set up a printer. Doing that just creates another copy of the same printer with the same problems. A work around is to open the documents in chrome or IE and print them that way. Also successfully prints form notepad, windows photo viewer, power point. That's what I have tested so far.

Additionaly, I am not getting any error while trying to print. I see a status bar when preparing a print job but the file never gets to the printing que. The printing jobs icon in the bottom left shows up as 0 documents pending.

I tryied to use Printer and Scaner Doctor 5.0 but it will not decect my printer.

Any idea how to fix this???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Rustam_S

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to print from MS office applications and PDF.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

Follow below steps to fix this issue.

Please press Win + R on your keyboard to get the Run Dialog box. 

Type spool and press enter or click on the OK button. 

This will bring up the spool folder. Right on the 'PRINTERS' folder and select properties. 

On the printer properties popup, click on the Security tab. 

Provide Full Control to all the users listed there. Apply the changes. 

Now open devices and printers from the control panel. 

Right-click on your printer and select printer properties. 

On the printer properties popup, select the Security tab and provide full control/access.

Apply the changes and restart the computer and try to print. 

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.