Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 200 color M251
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer keeps disconnecting from the computer, computer shows that no printer is connected. I tried turning on and off the printer, restarting computer, but printer was still not seen. Downloading newest drivers from website didn't help. One solution I found myself, is when you disconnect the USB cable from the printer itself and plug it back in, it gives  a message to open "hp_smart" folder, which is instalation files. When you start instalation, on 1% loading the computer finds the printer and it works properly, however, next day the computer doesn't see the printer again and unplugging the cable and installing again is too frustrating for a solution (the setup when installing doesn't finish, it gets stuck on 99% and then gives error that the program was loading for too long). And of course, I tried uninstalling the drivers and re-installing them with the same smart_installer which is given when you plug in the printer, but it didn't help. The problem is recent, everything before worked correctly.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Press teh right arrow on the printer to locate the Service menu, then press OK.

Using the right arrow locate HP Smart Install and press OK.

Select Disable and press OK to confirm.

Now try reinstalling the HP Software and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.