cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Drea3110
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Printer no longer printing in color

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer is new, and it used to print to print in color at first, but it has stopped all of a sudden and the black ink is being wasted as I am trying to figure out why documents won't print in color. What can be done to fix this?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 951
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Drea3110,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print in color from your OfficeJet 4650, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. However, for me to be able to assist you better, I would require some information.

Are you able to make a copy in color?

Have you tried to print from multiple applications to check if you are able to print in color?

Did you set the printer to print only in grayscale or black only?

Is there enough ink in the color cartridge?

If you are able to make a copy in color, please follow the procedure mentioned below to check the printing preferences to color. 

Open Devices and Printers from the control panel. 

Right-click on the printer icon and select Printer Preferences. 

On the printer preferences window that pops up, select the Paper/Quality tab. 

In the paper/quality tab, make sure the color option is selected. 

This should resolve the issue you are facing. Also, refer to this HP Article if you want to print in black only. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Drea3110
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Chimney_83,

Thanks so much for your help. However, I'm still having a problem; when I click on the Paper/Quality tab, everything is the same as in the screenshot you posted, but the Color option isn't there at all, which is strange. What else can be done?
Many thanks.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation