cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mw_6
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Printer not completing power up cycle on wake-up.

HP Recommended
Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

On wake up printer panel lights up and displays HP logo & "black and white" barber pole pattern. Freezes at that point.

Does not go on to complete the process. I.e. doesn't get to where it displays copy/scan/print etc.

The buttons don't light up either & are inactive.

The (input) AC power lead is Ok. (Checked with a DVM). The green PSU LED (in the back of the printer) is on.

Naturally HP printer doctor untility cannot connect to the device, nor can I take if offline/online form the keyboard

Sounds like a PSU DC output issue? Device still under warranty. Is the returns process complicated?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,000 27,844 1,520 1,613
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mw_6

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP Envy 5540 printer does not complete the wake up. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Perform hard reset on the printer.
  • Turn on the printer.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
  • Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, 

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mw_6
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SandyTech20,

No difference!

mw_6
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Logged as a h/w fault. being replaced under warranty

MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,697 830 1,560
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mw_6

Hi,

as @sandytechy20 is out of the office, I'm replying to you. 

Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate you choosing the correct option and utilising the warranty to get the product replaced. 

I'm positive things will be fine with the replacement unit. I thank you for your time and patience. 

Cheers! 🙂

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation