Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Bob thanks for your reply.

I contacted HP yesterday via submit a case to HP on their support website and I received a strange email reply today saying that I need to visit the nearest HP centre to replace the defective ink cartridges that I have. Following  this and many other similar threads on this website, I have noticed that most of the HP support team members do not seem to have the relevant technical knowledge of the regionalization reset issue. That's why they come up with silly solutions to customers facing the 'not intended cartridge issue'.

What you suggest would be the best option at least in my specific situation to contact HP support via phone or should I send them another case request?

HP Recommended

@advocatekhan wrote:

Bob thanks for your reply.

I contacted HP yesterday via submit a case to HP on their support website and a strange email reply today saying that I need to visit the nearest HP centre to replace the defective ink cartridges that I have. Following  this and many other similar threads on this website, I have noticed that most of the HP support team members do not seem to have the relevant technical knowledge of the regionalization reset issue. That's why they come up with silly solutions to customers facing the 'not intended cartridge issue'.

What you suggest would be the best option at least in my specific situation to contact HP support via phone or should I send them another case request?

I should have said contact HP by phone...  Only specially trained support agents have access to the regionalization reset program.  If the agent you talk to does not know about regionalization reset ask for the case to be escalated.  If they cannot resolve the issue make sure you get a case ID before hanging up.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Dear Bob,

After continuous efforts of 2 weeks, I finally manged to get hold of an HP Support Team supervisor today. We worked on my printer for continuous 3 hours today during our chat. But were not able to do the region reset successfully.

I followed the exact procedure and printed arround 8-10 Ten Tap Reports and the HP support supervisor generated the 5 4-digits keys that I keyed into the required dialogue box but the printer remained ON and Calm and never turned ON and the OFF in order to have reseted to the required zone.

We tried the procedure with the old as well as the new region ink cartridges. The problem indicated by the HP Supervisor was that the PX values for the new zone cartridges was shown in the Ten Tap Report as 2 and the PX value shown for the HP Printer itself was 4. According to her, the printer PX value should match the PX value of the carts.

The following output values that were generated by her after one of the 10 Tap Test report were:

1. CRC Val For Input is: 6403 ? should match on the print driver
2. DigitKey:0284-9220-1203-7068-1583
? should be key in.
3. CRC Val for digitkey:3624
? should match on print driver after key in digitkey.

In the above the CRC Val For Input which is 6403 did not match with the 6th text box just below the 5 text boxes on the reset dialogue box. That was before putting the 5 4-digit keys.

But after keying in the 5-4 digit keys the CRC Val for digitkey in the above example which is 3624 did match.

After going through the above procedure, everytime with different 10 Tap Report and corresponding 5-4digit keys, the value at number 1 never matched. But after keying in the 5-4 digit keys, the value at number 3 always matched. But the reset was never successful.

What do you suggest now? 

HP Recommended

This is to let you know that after we did the last reset, I left my printer on for about two hours and after that there was electricity break down in our area and the printer was shut down by its own.

In the evening I installed the new carts HP 74 and HP 75 and tried to print an alignment page with them. I was surprised to see that the alignment page started printing (which was not printing previously).

After the alignment page came out of the printer, the printer showed no warning messages as before (ink carts not intended to use with this printer*).

I then put my identity card into the scanner and pressed the color copy button and to my surprise the printer started printing my id card.

The ID card came out with half black and white and half colored.

After printing my ID card the printer again showed the error message as the carts are not intended to use with this printer.

Now after that I turned off the printer and turned it back on.

The printer again showed the same error message *.

METHOD THAT I OBSERVED AND THAT TEMPORARILY WORKED FOR ME:

Then I went to browser the service menu on the printer i.e. Hold Print Photos + Red Eye Removal buttons and then Red Eye Removal then Print Photos and then again Red Eye Removal.

I was on the Service Menu screen.

I then browsed the Information Menu > Pen Supply Region > (which is 2).

Then went to the Print Test Menu > By Pass Pen Alignment > Press OK.

Message Showed: Pen Alignment By Passed.

Then I pressed Cancel and then Cancel again to go to the Home Screen of the printer.

And the error message was gone.

After that I printed our law firm letterhead which is in Corel Draw and the print out came out perfect like laser printer quality.

Then after printing the letterhead page, the printer after a few seconds again showed the error message *.

I managed to print another 3 colored pages but I had to go through the same procedure as stated above to make the home screen appear Normal i.e. without Warning Message *.

(I have already contacted the HP Support Supervisor, and am waiting for her reply on that.)

What do you suggest now?

Kind Regards

HP Recommended

Hi hoping for some similar support.  I phoned HP today to reqeust assistance to change the region of my printer, purchased while on assignment the UK, to USA.. I'm living in the USA now again permanently.  They said they could not help me regionalize the C4585 but they would give me a discount on a new printer if I sent my old on back to them.  Can any one help?  I bough new USA cartridges already and the offer they made..... - first leaves me with ink I don't need ( which I already have from the UK so I would have 351,74 adn 75 which are no good to me) two the offer is not as good as going on a google search and buying the same product outside of HP direct. 

I did a Full semi reset but no joy

HP Recommended

@1_DucDuc wrote:

Hi hoping for some similar support.  I phoned HP today to reqeust assistance to change the region of my printer, purchased while on assignment the UK, to USA.. I'm living in the USA now again permanently.  They said they could not help me regionalize the C4585 but they would give me a discount on a new printer if I sent my old on back to them.  Can any one help?  I bough new USA cartridges already and the offer they made..... - first leaves me with ink I don't need ( which I already have from the UK so I would have 351,74 adn 75 which are no good to me) two the offer is not as good as going on a google search and buying the same product outside of HP direct. 

I did a Full semi reset but no joy

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty.  Not all the agents are familar with the process, if the agent you get is not ask to have the issue escallated.  You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I know this situation is very troublesome when you are into it.

I was in the similar situation but ended up in vain.

You are having a UK bought printer with HP 350 and 351 carts and you cant find the same carts in the US.

I worked for alteast 2 full months to sort out this issue for myself.

I have three suggestions for you for your current situation:

1. You can use the same 350 and 351 carts by refilling them with refill ink from InkTech, I have also ordered 4 kits for myself 2 from the US and 2 from a UK website. The ink is of very high quality, I have noticed no difference in the result of the orginal and the InkTech refilled ink while printing photos and documents.

The ink has to be refilled with in a week's time and according to the instruction given by InkTech, DO NOT refill the carts fully. This will result in leakage and poor print quality.

2. Contact HP support in the US, they should and must sort out this issue for you. And provide you with a region reset code. I contacted Pakistan's HP Support and a lady from HP support Singapore chat with me for two days to reset the region but we were unable to reset it. She said that she has a tool that need the printer to be physically present in front of her and then she would be able to do a region reset successfully, and that was not possible.

3. You can use the HP 74 and HP 75 carts in your printer using the method I mentioned in my last post. The problem is that if you have to go to the process each time you send one print job from the computer to you printer.

My current situation:

What I did after the region reset was not successfull:

I ordered the InkTech refill kits.

Ordered HP 350 351 Combo Cart Packs, 351 Cart and an HP 348 from FMS i.e. Find My Supplies UK. They sent them out to my friend's address in the UK and my friend sent them to me to Pakistan via DHL.

What I literaly paid was:

Arround 25 pound for 2 InkTech refill kits ordered from the UK.

52 pounds for the the above mentioned ink carts ordered from FMS.

53 Pounds for the DHL charges to Pakistan.

20 pounds in taxes paid to DHL in Pakistan.

Now I have already used the HP 351 and HP 348 and have printed about 22 (5"X7") photos.

And have refilled both of them with InkTech ink twice with perfect results same as the original ones.

First use the already bought HP 74 HP 75 carts, then decide what you want to do. If you want to pay then buy a few more cartridges from the region 4 which is UK, US is region 1, then stick to the InkTech refill kits after that. Otherwise buy InkTec refill kits and refill both sets of HP 350 351 and HP 74 75 and use them without any problems.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended
I have the same problem. Bought my HP PSC 1510 All-in-one in Japan and have just moved to Taiwan. Called the Taiwan service center requesting a regional reset, but they told me the printer was too old and it was impossible. However, a guy on another site (fixya.com) claims to have done it with his 1500 series (with help from HP) and following his instructions I have been able to print out a "Tap 10" test, which gives me both the current regional setting (px = 😎 plus the value for Taiwan (px = 2). (I've got both a Japanese and a Taiwanese cartridge installed and the Tap 10 gives the value for both of those as well as for the printer itself.)

So I just need to know where to go to change the "px" from 8 to 2! I have also found a folder called "RegionUnlock.task" in my Library, (MacHD/Library/Printers/hp/Utilities/HPPU Plugins) but not sure how to open it or if it is even relevant.

Any help would be most appreciated!

PS To print a TAP 10 test on a 1500 series, press Start/copy and Cancel/resume at the same time. Line 16 is the printer's regional setting, while lines 53 and 63 respectively give you the region code for the left and right cartridge.
HP Recommended

@malien11 wrote:
I have the same problem. Bought my HP PSC 1510 All-in-one in Japan and have just moved to Taiwan. Called the Taiwan service center requesting a regional reset, but they told me the printer was too old and it was impossible. However, a guy on another site (fixya.com) claims to have done it with his 1500 series (with help from HP) and following his instructions I have been able to print out a "Tap 10" test, which gives me both the current regional setting (px = 😎 plus the value for Taiwan (px = 2). (I've got both a Japanese and a Taiwanese cartridge installed and the Tap 10 gives the value for both of those as well as for the printer itself.)

So I just need to know where to go to change the "px" from 8 to 2! I have also found a folder called "RegionUnlock.task" in my Library, (MacHD/Library/Printers/hp/Utilities/HPPU Plugins) but not sure how to open it or if it is even relevant.

Any help would be most appreciated!

PS To print a TAP 10 test on a 1500 series, press Start/copy and Cancel/resume at the same time. Line 16 is the printer's regional setting, while lines 53 and 63 respectively give you the region code for the left and right cartridge.

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Well I called HP to reset my Photosmart C4680 and they said I need to buy printer ink from the USA and ship it to the UK for the process which I think is quite redundant. If I did that I won't need to regionalise. HELP!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.