Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with a MFP M177fw.  Even following instructions on entering WPA2 key (removing leading space) didn't work. 

Connected via USB first, installed the HP toolbox.  After driver installed, I was able to use hte Toolbox to set the WPA2 key.  Worked perfectly.  Disconnected USB cable and am able to print via wireless

HP Recommended

I had the same issue except I installed a new router and changed the passphrase.  I entered the new passphrase muliple times but it kept telling me  it was invalid.  I connected my LaserJet Pro 200 in via the USB cable and then eventually went back to the printer and now accepted my passphrase.  I did not install any addtional software.   It appeared to have a wireless connection so I unplugged the USB cable and it worked.   Seems like an odd solution but it now connected to my wireless network and printing. 

HP Recommended

I wish I saw this 3 hours ago. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Noooooo, it didn't work. I have a officejet 6500 and it doesn't start with a space but just won't accept my passphrase.

It's so annoying, I had to replace my router as it wasn't working prperly and everything else connected to the new router just fine bar the flippin printer.

I'm soooo pissed off, need to just buy another one

HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart 7520 Series.

I have tried the steps suggested in your post, as well as the "chosen answer" for this thread, but have had no success. It says:

Invalid WPA Passphrase

It was working completely fine for months, then one day just would not connect anymore. Nothing has changed on my network, the password is the same (and very simple – plus the screen spells it out for me so I can check there's no mistakes twice...). I've tested a million times and have connected countless other devices, including an HP Photosmart 7510 Series to the network, so I'm just completely lost at this point on what to do.

Please help 🙂

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem but none of the above suggestions have worked for me.  I have done this over and over.  I know I have the correct password.  I have moved into a new house with a new router.  All my other systems (iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, and PC) have automatically connected because I'm using the same password from the previous house.  Only the printer is having trouble.  Driving me crazy.  

help!!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem - "Invalid wireless password entered".

Tried all the suggestions, and more, no luck. Reset/rebooted router and printer, tried every wireless setting I can think of. Only the HP6700 wont connect, no other device has any issue. Router is set to use "WPA / WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES)"

What a piece of junk! Does this thing just have a built in expiration in the hope you will go buy a new HP printer when you cant get it working?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it working?

HP Recommended

I just ran into the same problem after installing a new wireless router. The Printer finds the router fine, but the WPA phrase is always rejected. All my other devises connected fine.

The trick mentioned in this string worked - Relief after a lot of trying!

Except the instructions for my printer are a little different.

* When the "WPA Passphrase?" appears on the screen, immediately type the first letter of your phrase in and the screen will change and place the letter in the correct position, which is one to the left of where it places it when you use the normal process.

* then enter the rest of the phrase as normal and hit Enter when done

* You should have success

Really amazing no one at HP has a clue how to fix their own products!!!

Good luck

HP Recommended

Wow – I'm going to try this on mine in a few minutes! Just out of curiosity, what model do you have? 

HP Recommended

This didn't work for my printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.