Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Dosdebuche wrote:

Hi. I recently moved and set up my printer in the new apartment. Printer seems fine but every time I turn on the computer I get a prompt that says I am out of paper. I am not -- the printer simply isn't registering the paper that is in there.  I have followed HP's troubleshooting instructions to no avail -- for some reason the rpinter doesn't want to recognize that paper is loaded. Any ideas about how I can solve this problem?

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Printer only prints one page and then says it is out of paper . It is not out of paper. Turn printer turn back on and again only prints one page at the time.

HP Recommended
@general1234,- I will need a little more information from you in order to help out. What model of printer do you have? Different printers have different troubleshooting steps to take to resolve their issues. Also, what is the operating system of the computer that you are using?
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended
My photo smart printer 2575xi kept saying paper empty, but it wasn't! After watching this video I finally realized I needed to clean the most important roller that is the hardest to reach and hooray my printer works! Thanks for the video I'm a very visual person.
HP Recommended
I'm referring to the skippyjohnson video found on this saying question.
HP Recommended

I had this same problem with my photosmart 2575xi printer, where it would try and feed paper, but the paper didn't move and then it would say paper empty, load paper.  Finally it is working after I cleaned the most important roller called the paper pick roller.  It is the hardest one to reach, because it is the furthest into the printer, but using wet q-tips I was able to get a bunch of ink off (ink had been spilled) and hooray the printer works!  I hope this helps someone else.

HP Recommended

printer says i am out of paper and i aam not ,not feeding paper

HP Recommended

Printer will not clear "Out of Paper" message and will not print.  I disconnected both power cord and computer connection for several minutes, but that didn't help.  Also pressed "OK" button repeatedly after filling paper tray.  Printer is series 5500 all in one Ink jet.

HP Recommended

Hi HPatsy,

Can you give me the full name of your printer?  An example would be Officejet Pro 8600.  Also, can you give me the Model # and / or the Product # for the printer?  This information will allow me to do a better job of helping you.  Thanks...

Is the printer connected to your computer with usb, Ethernet or Wireless?

What is the operating system for your computer?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

I also have the same problem, I can manually feed 1 sheet at a time but it won't recognise a stack of paper.

I've cleaning the rollers and done a restore factory defaults but none have helped.  I've got a B110 series Photosmart printer. 

I saw a post from another user who had a 4000 and something printer and they did a semi-reset which cured it but my printer does have that feature.

Hope I get a positive response.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.