Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Office Jet 4620
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

My Officejet 4620 printer is not printing any text documents from Microsoft Word or Apple Pages. I have replaced all of the ink cartridges, the black cartridge twice, cleaned the printhead countless times, and still nothing. The printer is printing screenshots and images perfectly fine, but any documents that contain solely text come out as blank sheets of paper. I have had the issue over the past month, and after cleaning the printhead a few times, the issue was resolved, but now nothing I try is working. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello there! Welcome to the HP Community @katea416🙂

I came across your post, and I wanted to respond with my own suggestions and input. As you mentioned the text is not printing out at all, I would think there could be a problem with the black ink printing out. I would recommend that you try the steps from the link I posted for you below to see if that can help get the ink flowing again and print out again. If the issue does seem to be the black ink not working correctly and the issue continues after you are done the steps, then please consider calling HP's phone support to discuss replacing the printer with them or trading in the printer.

I hope this information helps you out!:)

HP Officejet, Deskjet 4600 Printers - Color or Black Ink Not Printing

Click the thumbs up below to show appreciation for my help!

Click the "Accept as Solution" if I have guided you to a solution!

Contact HP:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

interesting, I have the same issue start about Sept 23rd following a black cartridge change.

images print just fine in all colours, text hower from the web or other sources comes out as an empty page,

Copied documents also result in a blank page.

If I scan a document to the computer then print the resulting file, it prints well.

this an Officejet 4620

HP Recommended

Hello there! Welcome to the HP Community @Superchickhen🙂

I would also recommend the same steps from the link I posted above for your issue too. If those steps don't cure the issue, then please call HP phone support directly to see about them replacing the unit.

Click the thumbs up below to show appreciation for my help!

Contact HP:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.