Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-26-2017 10:11 AM - edited 04-26-2017 10:54 AM
Good Day. Thank you for posting in the HP community. I reviewed the post regarding printing issues. I will be delighted to assist you here.
Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.
- Are you trying to print documents or photos?
- Does it make a few copies directly without any intervention from the computer?
- What does it not print?
- Does it not print in color or in Black?
- Which application are you trying to print from?
- For a start please try to print a test page from this link and follow the steps in the option "check by printing a printer report " and print a self-test page.
- If it prints fine, then please uninstall the particular application that you have trouble printing from and reinstall it. This should do the trick for you.
- If it does not print the self-test page, then please make sure to make copies directly from the printer without any communication from the computer, to ensure that there is no hardware issue with the printer.
- If it copies fine, then please follow these steps to uninstall the printer drivers.
- Click the Start menu of the PC
- Click on All Programs
- Open the HP folder
- Open the folder for the DeskJet 2130
- Click on Uninstall option
- Once the uninstall is complete the program will disappear
- Click on the Start menu of the PC again
- Click on Devices and Printers
- Delete the DeskJet 2130 if it is still present
- Select any remaining printer by left clicking once
- At the top of the window click on Print Server Properties
- Click on the Drivers tab
- Remove any listings of the printer.
- Then install the complete full feature printer software from this link and select the correct operating system before installing it. This should do the trick for you.
If it does not copy correctly, then try making a few copies of a document with different cartridges. If ti still does not work, you will need to contact HP phone support to get the printer serviced as the issue could be hardware related. Please keep me informed.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a terrific week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
04-28-2017 06:48 AM
Many thanks for the reply. Very good info., I will try it later. I'm a little reluctant to do much cuz I'm not very computer literate. The printer works fine, usually. I googled "manual for eipsis 7", & it wouldn't print any page. I went to file, clicked on print preview, & all I got was a white screen, & it was same if I just clicked print. Other than that the printer works fine.
Thanks again for your valuable help
04-28-2017 07:35 AM
I reviewed the post. Thanks for the quick response. You've done a remarkable job of troubleshooting the issue. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 I appreciate your efforts greatly.
It is very simple. it is either the printer or the computer itself that needs to be isolated. As we have deduced that the printer works fine, please try these steps and keep me posted about what happened.
If nothing works, as a last resort, please backup all your files and reinstall windows to factory settings. Then please reinstall the printer. That should do the trick for you. 🙂
You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. 🙂 It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind.
I honestly hope the printer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂
You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee