Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

printer occasionaly prints gibberish, looks vaguely scandanavian but is obivously not a language. Officejet pro 8500a plus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Reset the spooler via the command console.

Start>Run>cmd

net stop spooler
net start spooler

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Take a look at this HP link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

None of the suggested solutions is relevant or the cause. i.e, don't have a USB hub,tried new cable, etc; only happens occassionaly and if I reprint the file it usually prints OK.

also if the print job has a sketch of a control panel or something else the text in the sketch is fine while the rest of the text on the page is not.

Could it be becasue I sometimes close the file/web page after the print job starts?

HP Recommended

I do not think that closing the file/web page would have any effect on the print-out.

What operating system are you using?

Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Is the warranty over?

HP Recommended

Windows XP home, version 2002, service pack 3

Yes, I keep everything updated witht the latest versions

No.

As I said this is an intermittent problem and if I reprint it almost always prints perfectly.

HP Recommended

Reset the spooler via the command console.

Start>Run>cmd

net stop spooler
net start spooler

HP Recommended

where do I find the command console and how do i restart it?

HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem for the last few years and and i live with it because I have two laptops (two different businesses) on my desk. The gibberish problem happens with my Dell Latitude D620. When I am priting a multi-page report it usually starts printing fine then abuptly, sometimes in the middle of a page) it starts printing gibberish. Usully the rest of the pages are then gibberish. Sometimes it will print a few lines or pages in gibberish and then legible. After having some HP and other technoids try to fix it I now just forward it to my Dell Latitude E6510 and do the have the problem with that computer.  Before I got the HP I was using a cannon and did not have the problem with that printer.   I went in to my start- run menu and got the black screen and typed in the net stop spooler and it told me it stopped it and then typed in the net start spooler and it told me it restarted it.  I am reprinting one of the programs that have previously given me this problem......................the first 12 were printed perfectly and the last 4 came out in the nasty gibberish.

HP Recommended

Hi  Rareburt

Please provide the following information so I can assist you better.

What printer do you have?

How is the printer connected?

What operating system is on your computer?

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

M601DN Part # CE990A#BGJ

I have Windows 7 64bit

USb Connected

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.