Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet 4650
Microsoft Windows RT

I am trying to print invitation on 5X7 card stock.  I have changed the settings in word and on my printer to 5x7.  The inviation keeps printing text at the very top edge of the card instead of down a few inches as I have it set up in word.  Any ideas why it would be printing at the very top edge.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting your question in the HP community. A very Good Day to you. 🙂 I understand that you need assistance with card stock printing. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Brilliant effort from your end. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

• Did you check if the card stock being used matches the printer paper handling specifications?
  • If it does, did you try a different brand of card stock?

• The product specifications link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-OfficeJet-4650-All-in-One-Printer/5447930/model/5447931/docu...  clearly states that 5 X & card stock size is not supported.
  • Please look under “Paper-handling specifications” option for “Supported cards” option.
  • Running unsupported media sizes and weights through the HP Officejet paper path may cause damage to the internal paper feed rollers within your machine.

Supported Cards:

Paper type

Paper size

Index card

76.2 x 127 mm (3.0 x 5.0 inches)

Index card

102 x 152 mm (4.0 x 6.0 inches)

Index card

127 x 203 mm (5.0 x 8.0 inches)

A6 card

105 x 148.5 mm (4.13 x 5.83 inches)

A4 index card

210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches)

Index card letter

216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 inches)

Japanese postcard

100 x 148 mm (3.9 x 5.8 inches)

O**bleep**u Hagaki*

200 x 148 mm (7.8 x 5.8 inches)

Please try different supported card stock sizes from the list mentioned above and it should work correctly. if it still does not work, then try these steps to fix the issue.

1. Open the document you want to print under LibreOffice
  2. Make sure your supported card stock paper is loaded in the printer
  3. Click on File and Print
  4. In the Print dialogue box click Properties. This will open the print setting options specifically for your HP Officejet
  5. Click on the Paper/Quality tab
  6. Select the Paper Size as required which matches the actual card stock size.
  7. Change the media to Cardstock
  8. Click Apply and OK
  9. Select Print under the Print dialogue box

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. 🙂

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.