Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C410a
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Our printer was not working at all, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. It immediately printed the test page, but when I tried to print from Word, it does not print. It runs through the sequence, pops up that it's printing, but the page comes out blank. I ran the troubleshooting software and Print Doctor, but both say everything is correct and again, the test page printed out correctly. Help, please?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you shutdown and restarted your PC?  Sometimes after reinstalling the drivers, you need to reboot your PC.  I had to do this recently with our printer at home.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up + in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you shutdown and restarted your PC?  Sometimes after reinstalling the drivers, you need to reboot your PC.  I had to do this recently with our printer at home.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up + in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
HP Recommended

Hello JK51,

Thanks for joining us on experts day.

Lets talk about that test page for a moment. The fact that it prints tells me that the printing part of the printer is working.

It would seem that there is a communication problem between the printer and the computer. I would recommend starting with powering off both of them. If that fails to help, uninstall the printer and reinstall it.

Let us know how this goes so we can offer further assistance if it is needed.

I work on behalf of HP, but my opinions are my own.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.
HP Recommended

I have having the same issue.  Windows 7 64 bit Enterprise.  HP Laser Jet M1536.   Rebooted the computer.  Uninstalled the driver.  Rebooted computer.   Installed the full printer package which took about 30 minutes.  Test page prints fine but nothing else.  So what would be causing that?

HP Recommended

My HP Deskjet 3512 is doing the same thing. It will only print the Test Page, but nothing else. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and have restarted the computer and unplugged/replugged the printer...multiple times. I've also run the Scan Doctor with no error messages, so...whatdaheck is going on and howdaheck do I get my printer to print? I am using HP cartridges--new, not refilled, not generic, so, again I say, whatdaheck? Is it just time to relegate the printer to the boneyard?

Thanksaheck,

HP Recommended

Hi @stuffedmango,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print from your computer to your HP Deskjet 3512 e-All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the drivers are not installed properly.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue. 

And here are a few steps for you in the link to install the basic drivers from the link: Basic Driver

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

No it has nothing to do with the drivers. It does not copy either. It prints only the test page and nothing else, including copies that have nothing to do with the computer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.