Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-22-2017 04:53 PM
the hp print and scan doctor gives me the software package to install but it will not run on the latest version of windows 10. no error message is shown. i get to the software license agreement page, then when i hit install, the window closes. nothing else happens.
05-23-2017 03:28 PM
Good Day. Thank you for stopping by the HP forums. I reviewed the post for assistance regarding installing the printer software for your windows 10 PC I will be glad to assist you here. 🙂
Superb description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
To assist you with an accurate response, I would require more information regarding this.
Where did you download the software from?
Please uninstall the software by following these steps first.
- Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
- Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
- Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
- Click on print server properties.
- You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.
- Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
- Restart the PC.
- Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
- Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
- It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
- If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
- Please ignore the Regedit option if this cannot be done.
- Restart the PC again.
Download the latest full feature driver from https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/HP-Officejet-7210-All-in-one-working-in-W... and install it on the computer. (This is a solved forum page authored by an expert and when you click on that link, it displays another link that you need to click on. Once you do that it downloads the software to the computer.
Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
If this does not work please check this link https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Need-full-printer-driver-download-for-Off... and install the built-in driver by selecting the correct driver from the list for your printer. This should do the trick for you. It has related screenshots also.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.
Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
05-26-2017 11:25 AM
The same thing happened again after performing your troubleshooting steps. Once I accepted the license agreement the installation closed without an error message. I was able to use the Windows 10 system to add a printer, but I cannot use the scan function. How do I get the scanner to work? I tried installing the HP Scan and Capture app but it cannot find the printer/scanner. Any suggestions?
05-26-2017 02:53 PM
I see that you were interacting with @DavidSMP. I'd like to help!
First off, install the built-in windows driver for your printer. Windows 10 OS comes with the built-in printer drivers. Simply turn on the printer and connect the USB cable from the printer to the PC. The drivers will be installed in 2-3 minutes. Go to Control panel - Devices and printers to check the printer entry and make it as default printer if needed.
Check http://hp.care/2nxKJv8 for additional instructions.
Now, try to restart the PC and install the HP Scan and Capture and check.
Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee