Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2130 all in one

Hi I'm in desperate need of some help to print off some important documents. 

I have just turned my printer on and my laptop and connected the printer to my laptop, I have a MacBook (an older one) running on OS X 10.7.5, I have already downloaded the drivers when I bought the printer and printed off some documents, but now I'm trying to use it again and it wont work? I've re-installed the drivers and still nothing is happening, it says its sent to the printer and it has printed but nothing is actually coming out of the printer... 

Hope someone can help very soon.

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@IanR3

Follow these steps , Hope it works

This document is for HP printers and Mac computers with macOS or OS X.
The printer cannot print from the Mac computer because a print job is stuck in the print queue. The stuck print job cannot be deleted or cancelled and prevents further print jobs from printing. The Delete Job button is grayed out and does nothing when clicked.
Figure : Example of a print job stuck in the print queue
Image:  Print job window showing one job in process with a printer not responding message
A variety of reasons, such as a power outage, can cause this issue, but it always involves the printing process.

Close any open scanning applications, such as Apple Image Capture or HP Easy Scan. If a printing or scanning-related error message displays on the printer display or the computer, resolve the error.
Try to print. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.  

Step 2: Install the latest print driver
Older HP drivers might need to be updated to resolve printing issues. Go to 123.hp.com, enter your printer model name and number, then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
If your printer model is not listed on 123.hp.com, use HP Easy Start to download and install the driver.
Try to scan. If the issue persists, continue to the next step. 

Step 3: Check the printer and the computer connections
A common cause of print jobs getting stuck in the print queue is an interruption in the communication between your computer and your HP printer. Select the type of connection you have, then follow the instructions to make sure the connection is secure.
Step 4: Look for multiple printers with the same name
Check for multiple devices in the Printers list, and then remove any extra entries that might exist for your printer.
  1. Click the Apple menu icon (), and then click System Preferences.
  2. Click Printers and Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.
  3. In the Printers and Scanners window, look at the list of devices on the left side. There should be only one printer queue name in the list for each printer used by the computer.
    • If you only see one printer name listed, skip to the next step to check the status of the print job.
    • If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them and then clicking the minus button at the bottom of the list. Leave one printer in the list that matches your printer.
      Figure : Multiple printer queues in the Printers list
      Image:  The Printers & Scanners window showing two of the same printers in the list and the minus button called out
  4. Try printing again.
    • If the printer prints, you can stop troubleshooting.
    • Continue troubleshooting if the errors persist.
Step 5: Delete the existing print queue and add the printer
Remove the printer queue from the list of printers, and then add it again. Doing so creates a new printing session.
  1. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
  2. In the Printers list, click your HP printer, and then click the Minus button () to delete it.
  3. Click the Add button ().
  4. Find, and then select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer. Do not select an HP Fax driver.
     NOTE:
    If your printer does not display in the list, make sure the printer is connected, turned on, has power, and is ready to print.
    Figure : Example of the printer selection list
    Image: The Add window showing a selection of printers with one model selected.
  5. Click the Use or Print Using... menu, and then select the name of your printer.
     NOTE:
    Selecting AirPrint, if available, provides basic device functionality. Using the HP printer name provides access to more features.
    Your new printer queue displays in the Printers list in an Idle status .
  6. Figure : Example of a newly added printer in the Printers & Scanners list
    Image: The printers and scanners windows with one printer in the printers list
  7. Try printing again.
Step 6: Reset the printer
Resetting power to the printer forces the printer to reset stored values in the firmware. A power reset can help when the printer is not accepting communication from the computer.
  1. Make sure the printer is idle, not making any sounds, before continuing.
  2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  7. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.
  8. Try printing again.
Step 7: Reset the print system
If all previous troubleshooting did not resolve the issue, try resetting the print system.
 CAUTION:
Resetting the Print System deletes all devices in the Printers & Scanners queue. This includes both HP and non-HP devices.
  1. Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system....
  2. Click Reset in the confirmation window.
  3. Enter an administrator user name and password, and then click OK.
  4. Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list.
  5. Add your printer to the list again as was done previously.
  6. Try printing again.  

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my    efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.