Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp officejet pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Buonasera,

ho aquistato una stampante hp 7740 istallata e configurata tutto funziona.

Soltanto quando provo a stampare un formato personale da micrsoft word non mi 

riconosce il formato. Ho inserito il formato nelle impostazioni della stampante anche

ma non funziona....qualcuno può aiutarmi??grazie

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Good evening, I've purchased An installed and configured HP 7740 printer all works. Only when I try to print a word format micrsoft Personal from me not Recognizes the format. I Enter Format in Printer Settings Also But it does not work .... Anyone can help me ?? Thank you

HP Recommended

Greetings @Marco19

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print from Word application, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Are you able to print from other applications?

How is the printer connected to your computer? USB or wireless.

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

Have you installed the full feature software for your printer?

When you say that you are trying to print a word document in a personal format, can you please elaborate. Are you trying to print on custom size paper or something else?

The file you are printing, does it show in print preview. 

Are you using a registered version or trial of the Word application? 

Request you to provide more information so that I can assist you better. 

You can try to uninstall the printer software by following the procedure mentioned below and install it back on your computer. 

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.