cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jo116
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Problems connecting to server

HP Recommended
ENVY 5640

My printer is unable to scan to email..message says problem connecting to server ..have restarted and still same message.  Never happened before..Wifi is on and it is seeing network it says.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,038 25,916 1,430 1,498
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jo116

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP ENVY 5640 printer. I understand that you are unable to scan to email and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Set up the Scan to Email profile.

• On the printer control panel, touch the Scan icon (), and then touch Email.
  • On the welcome screen, touch Continue.
  • Touch inside the Email: box, type in your email address, and then touch Done.
  • Touch Continue.
  • A PIN is sent to the email address you entered. Touch Continue.
  • Touch PIN, enter the PIN you received in your email, and then touch Done.
  • Touch Store Email or Auto-login, depending on how you want the printer to store your login information.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the document to fix this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation