Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi,

Is it possible to set the default send to address on the Send To Email settings?

Under the EWS settings > Scan > Scan To Email > Scan to Email Setup, it won't let me select an address under To:, it has a grayed out drop down with the word "Blank".

The email address I want it to default to is in the address book.

Is there something I am missing?

Many Thanks

Tim

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi! @Timpea, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you need to know if you can set the default send to address on the Send To Email settings on your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

You would need to configure Outlook to connect to your Gmail account, that requires changing some Gmail settings and configuring Outlook to Gmail's IMAP servers

On your computer, open Gmail.
In the top right, click Settings Settings.
Click Settings.
Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
In the "IMAP Access" section, select Enable IMAP.
Click Save Changes.

Refer this document from google to know more information about the scan to email - Default To Address.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @MrRobot,

I think you have miss understood my question.

Instead of selecting an email address from the address book on the Scan To Email function, I would like this to default to a pre-set email address.  The functionality appears to be there on the EWS, but it is not possible to change from Blank

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 15.36.28.png

HP Recommended

@Timpea, Thanks for your quick response and time.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

1. Obtain the printer's IP address by pressing the wireless button on the front of the printer.
2. Open a web browser.
3. In the address bar, type the printer's IP and press Enter. 
4. The printer's EWS should come up. This will be a web page that's embedded in your printer.
5. Click on the Scan tab.
6. Click on the Outgoing Email Address link on the left of the page.
7. If the browser comes up with a warning, tell it to continue to the page. Nothing in the EWS can hurt your computer. The warning is there to keep out those who are not familiar with the features.
8. Click on the edit link to the left of your email address.
9. Click the Next button until you are on step 4.
10. This is the step that asks you if you want to be cced or not. Select NO.
11. Click Next.
12. Click Next. The changes should now be saved.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, again this not helping.

The info you have given me is for a different printer, or different software for the printer.

HP Recommended

@Timpea, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please try steps recommended below.

To change the settings:
On the printer's display click on the Wireless icon that looks like a radio tower or the icon that looks like some computers connected by a wire.
Note the printer's IP Address.
In your web browser type in the IP Address as it appears on the printer and press Enter.
In this window, you should have a Scan tab along the tab. When you click on that you should find the option to change the associated email address.

Let me know if this works!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @MrRobot.

As seen in the screenshot above, this is already where I am looking at the settings.

Please see a new screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 09.31.39.png

Is it possible to change the To: from Blank to an email address in the address book?  For some reason this is greyed out and I am not able to select.

Regards

Tim Pearson

HP Recommended

Hi! @Timpea, Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned to address on the EWS page is blank and you cannot change.

I have checked the records and you cannot change To address to default email address.

You have to use scan to email feature from the printer control panel, you cannot send it from EWS page.

However, you can try setting up the Scan to Email feature and try again.

'Set up the Scan to Email feature with the printer's Embedded Web Server.
You will need the printer IP address to open the Embedded Web Server (EWS). If you do not know the printer IP address, print a Network Configuration Page to locate the address.

Under the IPv4 or IPv6 heading (depending on your network configuration), find the IP Address.

Open a new Web browser window or tab.

In the address bar, type the printer IP address given on the test page, and then press Enter on your keyboard. The EWS opens.

From the EWS, click the Scan tab.

Click Scan to Email Setup.

Click Outgoing Email Profile, click New, and then enter the email address you intend to use with this profile.

Enter a display name that will appear on the printer's control panel to identify this email profile.

Enter or confirm the correct SMTP server and SMTP port information.

If you typically have to enter a username and password to log into your email account, you will want to enter this information into the email authentication fields, and then click Next.

Enter a security PIN to restrict access to this email profile, if desired.

Set the size for email files and specify Auto CC, if desired.

Click Save or Save and test to complete the profile

Refer this article to know more information about the scan to email from your printer.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @MrRobot,

Are you saying this feature is not availble?

Please stop repeating the instructions to setup Scan to Email, this is setup and working.

Many Thanks

Tim

HP Recommended

@Timpea, Thanks for your response and time.

I have checked the printer specifications and you cannot set the To email address to default.

Have a great day ahead! 

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.