Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-16-2017 09:11 AM
Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the post regarding the printer printing a signature in green when it looks blue on the screen. I will be delighted to assist you here.
Superb description and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
I would require more information regarding this.
- Did it work correctly before? Did it happen after a software or windows update?
- Did you try to make a couple of copies from the flatbed or the ADF?
- For a start please try these steps.
Please try to make 2 copies one from the flatbed and one from the ADF to check if the copy also copies in green.
If it copies fine, then please uninstall the printer software by following these steps:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Then install the full feature software from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/mode... and check if it corrects the issue.
- If it does not copy correctly and the signature copies in green, then please try to perform all these steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/model/7685384/do... for print quality issues.
- Please clean the flatbed glass and the ink cartridges and check with different cartridges also. Please perform all the prescribed steps from this link to try and correct the issue.
- Please install HP scan and capture from here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04675206
- and try to scan using this app.
- If you are already using it, please uninstall the app and reinstall it and check again.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.
Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee