Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 5531
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My envy 5531 scan function has quit going through a complete cycle.  It starts then stops and will not continue.  Can anything be done?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @graytruck

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to scan from your printer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

How is the printer connected to your computer? USB or wireless.

May I know the procedure you are following to scan from your printer?

Are you able to make a copy on the printer?

Copy and scan use the same mechanism. 

Try to make a copy on the printer. 

If you are able to make a copy on the printer and if you are able to print, recommend you try to scan by using any method mentioned in this article

If you are unable to make a copy on the printer, please connect your printer to your computer using a USB cable. 

Download the firmware update for your printer from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on your printer. 

Try to scan or make a copy on the printer after the firmware update. 

If you are unable to make a copy after the firmware update, please contact our phone support for the service options available for your printer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.