Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I tried this but when I double clicked on the SCAN topc.... nothing happened.

HP Recommended

I tried these steps, but they didn't work for me

HP Recommended

In my case the HP Photosmart 6520 printer works Ok with both of my windows 10 laptops but every 15 mins os I get a warning flashinj up sating the the "scan to printer is no longer activated".

I have removed the sotware/drivers and relaoded without any improvement

HP Recommended

It seems that I am not alone in my issues with my printer dropping off the network.  To answer a few questions up front:

Windows 7 Pro 32-bit OS

HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer

Netgear C7000 Nighthawk cable modem router

It really doesn't seem to matter what firewall/antivirus I have in place... This issue has happened when I had Norton, Kaspersky Pure, Kaspersky Total Security and now ESET NOD30 antivirus

My IP address is a static IP address 192.168.0.16 for the printer.  It does not change.

If I am going to have to reboot everything every time my printer and computer stop communicating, this is going to get very old and lead me to dump the printer and HP forever.  I am tired of not finding any answers and not being able to get any solutions without paying through the nose for them.

I do know that the printer does NOT fall off the network.  When the computer/printer stop communicating, I can go to my router and see that the printer is still connected, of course.  So what gives?!  Why the problem and how can it be resolved?!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.