Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Colour Laser Jet Pro MFP M277d
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi

I am trying to set up my new printer to scan to a folder 

How on earth do I do this

My folder path is somewhat long and their does not seem to be a way to pick or navigate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi ,

I understand you are trying to create scan to network on Mac please follow the steps below.

Create a folder and right click it (CTRL+ Left click) and select Get Info, check the box next to Share folder.

Under the permissions section ensure your user account have read and write permissions.

From System Preferences select Sharing, ensure that File sharing is enabled and click the Edit / Options button.

Ensure the SMB option is checked and the user is listed and selected, add the user if required.

Now try adding the printer into the EWS page of the printer (The printer homepage, can be accessed by typing the printer URL into Safari) and under Scan select Network folder nd setup the folder using the user and password account.

Set the path as the computer IP and then the shared folder name (e.g. \\10.0.0.0\scan).

Hope this helps.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Thanks and Regards,

John_domnic.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Thanks and Regards,
John_domnic.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi ,

I understand you are trying to create scan to network on Mac please follow the steps below.

Create a folder and right click it (CTRL+ Left click) and select Get Info, check the box next to Share folder.

Under the permissions section ensure your user account have read and write permissions.

From System Preferences select Sharing, ensure that File sharing is enabled and click the Edit / Options button.

Ensure the SMB option is checked and the user is listed and selected, add the user if required.

Now try adding the printer into the EWS page of the printer (The printer homepage, can be accessed by typing the printer URL into Safari) and under Scan select Network folder nd setup the folder using the user and password account.

Set the path as the computer IP and then the shared folder name (e.g. \\10.0.0.0\scan).

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

John_domnic.

Thanks and Regards,
John_domnic.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you would like to set the scans from your HP Officejet 4630 e-All-in-One Printer to go to a specific folder on your Windows 7 computer.

I would like to assist you with this today.

1. Click on the HP Printer Assistant software icon on your computer desktop 

scan 1.png

2. When the HP Printer Assistant opens select Scan a Document or Photo

scan 2.png

3. When HP Scan opens, select Document to File on the left. Next, click Advanced Settings on the bottom right. 

1.png

4. When Advanced settings opens, select the Destination tab 

scan 2.png

5. Under Save Location you can hit 'browse' and choose a specific folder that you would like your scans to save to. If you see any options under here to name the scans based off of day or month, please select it. Once available settings have been adjusted under the Destination tab select OK

Now that the scan settings have been adjusted your scans will now save in the folder you have manually selected. 

Please let me know if the information provided resolves your issue.

Good luck! Smiley Happy 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

HP Recommended

Hi JungleJ

You might want to check this link as well. The steps are provided on how can you Configure Scan to Network Folder here

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03233046

Hope this helps

"Although I am a HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP" "Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

It is a mac not Windows

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

I dont know if this helps, but the path to my scans folder seemed long too, and I struggled with computer name\hdd name\users\username\desktop\scans when in fact what worked was 192.168.x.xxx\scans

With regard to the username etc, I just used the user name as in "first last" (including the space) and then the pw in the right field and it worked.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Did this work for you? I've followed all these steps, and have set the shared folder etc, but when I click "test" it keeps coming up with a message that says "The test was unsuccessful. Try again."

I've used the path that is:    \\192.168.X.X\scans

Anyone able to enlighten me please?

Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Hello 1Angeliki

What exactly have you done?  What is your computer?  What is your computer's IP address?  I will try to help.

HP Recommended

This almost worked for me, it came closer than what I managed before - but not quite resoled it for me at least.

The EWS test comes back positive, but on the printer (LaserJet Pro MFP M277) the error message says.

"Cannot write to \\10.0.0.0.\foldername. Destination folder is read-only, has the wrong permissions or is no longer available"

I checked; the folder is shared, read&write (it is a home Mac so I am admin) and the folder is very much still there. Any further advice please??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.