Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Scanjet 3500c
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

My HP Scanjet 3500C used to work perfectly on Windows Vista. I am now using Win 8.1 64 bit. I cannot even install from the original CD, it loads into the folder, with many files, but clicking Set-Up it stops working without explanation and will not install. I( tried compatibility settings to no avail. 

I want to use it again because it can scan photo slides! and no other will do that.

I see a place on the forum and some links, the first was Driver Assist which I downloaded BECAUSE it said it had the driver for the exact Scanjet 3500c, then when I opened to look at it there was everything BUT the HP scanjet driver and said everything was out of date and I know it is not!

The next was someone who said he had a link that made the Scanner work perfectly in Win 10 but is was from RUSSIA and I don't trust to click on it.

Anyone have a Scanjet 3500c scanner and an idea how to get a driver or workaround that will work it?  I  hate to throw it out as I only used it about 10 times!

Thank if you do.

Masx

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately no more support after Vista. Please try the following optiom

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/I-have-just-upgraded-to-Windows-10-but-my-...

(Note: Using Titalus's way).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.