When scanning via my 2016 iMac everything goes fine until I try to save the scans to my desktop (or indeed anywhere else) the Save button is grayed out and I can't save to anything. It works from my laptop perfectly well, just not from the iMac.
Any clues? I've removed the printer from the list and then re-instated it and I've turned it on and off again but no luck.
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I see from the post that you are having issues saving scanned files on your Mac PC. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,
Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the printer, router, computer and other devices on the same network.
The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.
1. Press the Power button on the printer to turn it off.
2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
3. Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.
4. Turn off the computer.
5. Wait for 30 seconds.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.
7. Wait for 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready
8. Turn the computer back on.
9. Wait for the computer to reload
10. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.