Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Im scanning blank pages and I defintely have ink..........will print just fine from computer

HP Recommended

treshann,

Is this for the 4500 as well? What operating system are you running? Any errors or problems besides blank scans?

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. However, my Canon 4500 now scans, etc. I started taking it apart, did nothing to it, put it back together and it works. I can't share an answer because I don't know what happed except 'reseating' a ribbon (electrical) that looked loose.

Sincerely,

Glenn Botkins

P.S. Thanks again

HP Recommended

nitrocpl,

Glad to hear you are up and running. Thanks for posting a helpful tip, Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

thanks so much for your reply in an attempt to assist me.Yes min eis also the 4500 series. <HP office jet 4500G510g>......I am operating on windows 7 home ..........there havent been any other error issues ..fax test passed........internal alignment fine but anythng to do with scanning copying.no luck..........would note that printer is always stating removed paper from glass feeder.......yet no paper on there , i hit ok and it seems fine. My son came over today and lookked at it and said it didint look like the scanner mechanism was even moving.

Any advice u can give wold be greatly appreciated......i did just read the reply of the other person whom took theres apart and upon reassembly it worked.......but a bit nervous to break more of what IS working....

HP Recommended

treshann,

It sounds like the sensor or switch for the Automatic document feeder is stuck. Use this article to inspect the internal elements of the ADF. Clear any debris from the area and clean thoroughly with a soft cloth. If we cant get it working this way the printer may require servicing.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01969470

Best of Luck!

HP Recommended
Well folks thanks for the tips.

I had the same scanner failure error on my HP Officejet which was a hardly used and fairly new printer so admittedly I was annoyed when it failed.

I tried all of the solutions on here and non worked - being honest problem appears to be more mechanical than power giberish. Fortunately I bought a new printer as one was for another room anyway so I thought; "what the hell. if brains won't work then maybe BRAWN will" so......

I bashed the plastic where the scanner had stopped on right hand side of the scanner, then in the middle of the left hand side on the scanner (glass/scanning section), theres a spindle so I tried turning this around with a big Allen Key in the direction it spun freely and then tried again. It didn't work so I thought..... EXPLETIVE ***^$** IT and turned it around the opposite way and heard a couple of crunches as I had nothing to lose as would bin the 4500 alltogether anyway.

Having had a good couple of crunches against the direction of the free spinning cogs (WARNING - don't overdo it 2-3 at most - no liabilty here if you break your own stuff)I turned the 4500 back on......

Result...... Orange Light, Gone, Error Message GONE.................4500 Works as good as new.
HP Recommended

Mine was self inflicted also. I tried to copy a page from a phonebook.  I unplugged the unit, waited a few seconds then plugged it back it and it works fine!

HP Recommended

My printer says scan to?  How do I set up scan options?

HP Recommended

Hi my Hp officejet 4500 scans blank pages,and when checked the scanner cariage it was stack and not moving at all and also it was make strange noise,but i think the motor which is located under the cariage is spoilt.So i want to ask where do i get a scanner cariage to buy.Please and suggestions.this is skee from IPMC Ghana.   

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.