Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

did you get your j4540 to copy and fax?  Mine won't...!

HP Recommended

did you get your j4540 fixed?  Mine won't copy or fax...!

HP Recommended

I have been having same issue for 3 months now. Have reinstalled device. Found that my dual core c50 processor needed a patch, etc. Now my computer says it has a j4500 attached. Unable to locate anything, anywhere to solve the problem. I can manually fax in/out now after several months, still no scan. This thing sucks!!!!

HP Recommended

scanner function does not work on printer - window says to read manual and troubleshoot but scan contunues to state that thgere is no connection yet the prrinter is connected dicectly to by a cable and does print.

Can you help?

HP Recommended

this is exactly what is going on. the officejet tells me that it has a scanner/ fax failure

what can i do?

HP Recommended
yes that is what happens what is up with it?
HP Recommended

Hello Folks,

If you don't see the scanner bulb of your unit moving or turning on, try running the HP scan diagnostic tool. Just

follow the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02788621

If this doesn't solve your problem, call HP support to check if your unit is still in warranty and try to get a 

replacement.

The 1-800-HPINVENt number listed above may only work in the USA. If you are elsewhere in the world see here to Contact HP.

" Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
. "
HP Recommended

I bought a 4500 office-jet about 6 months ago, after my 4215 all in one spooler went out.

The new printer worked fine for about 2 months and then the problems started. The printer started becoming disconnected from the computer. It would hold the document in queue until you shut it off and rebooted, then it would print everything that it was holding. I learned that if you would turn the printer off and back on it would print the documents, especially if you were working online. Then the scanner started giving me error codes and quit scanning. It would tell me that the driver was either corrupt or missing and to remedy this uninstall and reinstall, I would get the same result either missing or corrupted.

I've had several support sessions with no success, been told that it is incompatible with Windows XP, though their site says it is. I am told after spending $80 for the printer to spend $400 on windows 7.

I am now on my second replacement printer with no solution in sight. Oh how I hate HP and their junk !

I'm thinking about buying a Canon

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions, I'm open. If you do, please e-mail me at {Personal Information Removed}

it would be appreciate it very much. Thanks

HP Recommended

hp  office jet printer 4500 that i can not get to scan.  there are no instructions in the manual concerning scanning.

everything else works fine.

HP Recommended

can someone help me i got officejet 4500 but scanner is not working always says no scan optionrefer to device document

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.