Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok SO I have the Envy 4520 that prints scans copys and web and photo so I think that is all in one. HP has so much software its confusing. AFter setting everything up the main one I have been using to scan is  HP AIO remote.

Very nice user interface.Simple but no options for auto crop. At first after scanning , I choose "import from local " option , then it will auto crop the first pic as there are 3 or 4 in the one file I scanned  , but I have to do the rest manually with those dots

. After I realized that it will only auto crop the first one. I realized I can just hit the check mark and choose edit and crop with the customized sqaure faster. Problem is I can only edit what it first auto crops .

So how do I turn off auto crop so that I can hit "import from local" and just hit edit and crop with the square , so I dont have to drage the dots to each edge. Really confusing

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @ermac4482, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you need to know how to turn off auto crop feature from HP AIO app.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

I have checked the records and we don't have an option to disable auto-cropping on HP AIO app.

However, you can try the steps recommended below.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app from your PC and update printer firmware check if it helps.

Please update the printer firmware using this link.

Also, try the steps mentioned below.

1. Click Scan Picture in your HP printer assistant.
2. Choose the scan shortcut that you want to use.
3. Click the Advanced Picture Settings.
4. Choose "Scan the entire scanning glass" radio button.
5. Click Save Shortcut and named the shortcut with the name that you want e.g. scan entire glass.
6. Use this shortcut when you want to scan without autocropping.

I'll watch your reply!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.