Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610

This is a work computer and when I scan to save anything the default name it saves to I am unable to change. This is frustrating and it is unprofessional as well. I have tried troubleshooting to the best of my ability but don't know how to change the name of the file being scanned to the computer. I know I can manually do it once I scan it but would like to change the name it comes onto the computer as.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ndimucci3,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding information to change the name the file that is scanned from the default one to the one you require. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Great description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

To assist you accurately I would require more information regarding this.

• Are you scanning from the computer’s printer software or from the printer itself?
  • Please let me know the operating system on the computer?

Please try these steps

• Please click on the printer scan software on the computer. It should launch HP scan software.
  • The option “Destination” is on the lower left side of the right window pane.
  • Please click on it.
  • On the right pane of the software window, you need to click on the option or tab that says “more” located on the upper right side.
  • Then click in the box under the option “File name” and change the name to the one that you want.
  • Then click on scan

This should do the trick for you.

Link on How to scan in Windows: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/model...

Please use HP scan and capture if you are using Windows 10

If it is a MAC OS please use HP easy scan by downloading it from the Mac store.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. If it does you know what to do. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.