Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,  I am scanning multiple photos and they are saved as one page.  My old hp would separate them into separate files as long as they were not touching.  I cannot figure out how to do that with this new all in one hp photosmart  6515.  I have vista operating system.  I just got off the hp support chat and he said to uninstall and reinstall the printer.   Someone,  help me.

Thanks ,  Shirley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi grammy2012,

Printers with driver versions 14 and lower have that feature.  Printers with drivers versions 20 or higher do not. If you have a new model, likely it has driver version above 20 and the feature simply does not exist in the software.

This all refers to the automatic cropping of mulitple photos.

With driver versions 20 and higher, it is possible to do this but not automatically.

1. Place your multiple photos on the glass.

2. Scan to JPG

3. Select the crop to one of the photos.

4. Click to add a page.

5. Crop to the second photo.

6. If you have more than two photos on the glass, do steps 3 and 4 until all the photos are on a 'page'.

7. Click the save button and assign a name, the photos will all be saved into separate files.

If necessary, you can check the drivers updates: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

131 REPLIES 131
HP Recommended

Hi grammy2012,

Printers with driver versions 14 and lower have that feature.  Printers with drivers versions 20 or higher do not. If you have a new model, likely it has driver version above 20 and the feature simply does not exist in the software.

This all refers to the automatic cropping of mulitple photos.

With driver versions 20 and higher, it is possible to do this but not automatically.

1. Place your multiple photos on the glass.

2. Scan to JPG

3. Select the crop to one of the photos.

4. Click to add a page.

5. Crop to the second photo.

6. If you have more than two photos on the glass, do steps 3 and 4 until all the photos are on a 'page'.

7. Click the save button and assign a name, the photos will all be saved into separate files.

If necessary, you can check the drivers updates: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads 

I was an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I normally associate a "new" driver with "improved performance" and/or "correction for deficiency" or "compatibility with new device."  This new driver seems to be taking away a valued feature and substituting a pain in the rear,  multi step procedure.  Is it?

HP Recommended

Right you are about the pain in the rear.  Printer/scanner is not capable of doing what I wanted.  You would think newer would be better but is not the case here.  They should always have that capability.  Whoever took it off did not think of the little old grandmother like me who is trying to save photos...thousands of them.  I got rid of it and got a cheaper one...works fine...does what I want it to do.

HP Recommended

Wow!  I just 'upgraded' to this printer and I do a ton of scanning.  I've taken a huge step backwards now.  If I had known I would have never bought this printer.  This really sucks! 

HP Recommended

It is awful for HP to remove this highly userfu, time saving feature from the driver!!!!

Why would you do this, HP???   What were you thinking?   Which project manager should be canned for this major blunder???

Can you guys get to writing an improved driver that will restore this greatly used feature????

There are other brands that do this.... and if I had know it would not DO this, I would've bought elsewhere.

Just a warning.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I feel better reading these posts...I just "upgraded" to HP Officejet 6600 because my old printer was not working.  My hobby is genealogy and scanning numerous photos and was going crazy trying to figure out how to do it. I guess I can't after reading these post...very disappointed.

HP Recommended

Hi Keefer68,

It is possible to load the scanner glass with photos and then manually select each one during the scan.  The change is that the process of selecting each photo is not fully automatic.

I was an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Wow...I'd have to agree with the consensus. This is a giant step backwards. What's the point of being able to scan multiple pics at once if you don't have the option of being able to save them individually?
I too hope that HP can correct this via a firmware/software update.

HP Recommended

I'm also curious to know "who" marked SuperDave's answer as "the answer that solves your problem - Accepted Solution" ? I highly doubt it was one of us consumers.
If anything, I'd say Curmudgeon and Tinkerdog deserve the honor!
Get crackin' and provide a driver driven/firmware solution...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.