Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm sorry but this is not a solution. It's at best a cumbersome work around. You list yourself as an HP employee so why don't you do this community a favor and get your company to fix the problem they introduced. I am so angry right now that HP took a great productiviy feature away. I am seriously considering donating this brand new printer to a charity and then go buy a new (non-hp) all-in-one printer. I worked in the IT business for 35 years, and we always had one non-negotiable rule when upgrading software. We would NEVER take valuable features away from customers.

Please do not call your answer a solution. It is not.

HP Recommended

I just purchased this printer today to replace a Lexmark all in one that had that feature.  I must add my voice to the others here in saying removing that feature makes no sense.  Perhaps in the next driver release you can use the same logic to remove wireless support and only allow connection thru the USB port.  EPIC FAIL!  I also concur that this manual work around is just short of telling us to only scan 1 picture at a time and marking the problem as resolved.   :manmad:

HP Recommended

Thanks, Granst04 for the lead on ScanSpeeder. I downloaded the trial version and tried a few scans. It's definitely better than the scanning one at a time, but not quite as efficient as the old HP multi-scan feature. Unfortunately, the program did not autiomatically find the scanned pictures so I had to "manually" click on each picture on the screen and "fit" the frame around it. The old HP multi picture scan program also sometimes required manual selection of some pictures in the preview so I guess this is not such a negative with ScanSpeeder. I do like the way the program creates two versions of each picture (TIFF and JPEG). We still need to try to pressure HP into fixing what they broke. Obviously since another software company (Nitro) can get multiple pictures from one scan on the 6500A scanner, then HP could change thier driver code to do the same. I don't have much hope for HP doing the right thing here so I will probably buy the ScanSpeeder software ($30). I will look at printer options other than HP the next time I go shopping for a printer. Thanks again for the lead.

HP Recommended
@ BnDmedia, The ScanSpeeder software found the edges of my photos automatically without any action from me. Perhaps place yours farther apart? When they were close it used to confuse the HP too. Good luck!
HP Recommended

What do I "click" to add a new page?

HP Recommended
What do I click to add a page?
HP Recommended

Well, HP, I gave you more than enough time to fix the scan problem that your software engineers created for your user community. I fixed your problem by buying an Epson V500 scanner. Works GREAT. Problem solved.

HP Recommended

UGHHH!!!  I have to agree with everyone on this board.  What a colossal fail!  I have an older All in One HP2575 that I used several years ago to scan hundreds of old pictures.  The automatic scan to separate files was a life saver!   I recently bought a new computer (Windows 7) and cannot load the original drivers.  What I download from the HP website does not allow me to select the scan to multiple files option.

I also have a newer Photosmart Plus B210 and it doesn't even have the option to scan multiple photos on the menu!  Had I known this, I would never have bought it.  

HP you have done us a major disservice.  I am disappointed.  Unfortunatley it is too late for me to return my printer.  My next one won't be an HP.

Update the drivers and fix this problem.

HP Recommended

I was told on the phone tonight that HP is working on an update which will return this feature of being able to scan multiple photos into separate files.  They didn't know when the update would be available, however.  They just it's being worked on now.

HP Recommended

4. Click to add a page.

Click WHAT to add a page?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.