Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is there an HP printer / scanner with this functionality?

(I thought I previously asked this question but do not see it anywhere in here...obviously I do not

know how this forum works).

tks again

Jeff

HP Recommended

Issue addressed. Post resolved.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended
Eric-g,

I'm not sure what it is that is resolved. HP changed their functionality, actually reduced it. HP customers would like to register their dissatisfaction at this decision. So long as it is not abusive or hostile, I think it is perfectly reasonable. And no. This is not solved.
HP Recommended

I called HP support in March, 2013 and was told that HP is working on an update which will return this feature. They told me that they did not know when the update would be available, but it was being worked on.

Any more news on this?

HP Recommended
Hi Eric - can you provide a link to the solution or driver update? Thanks
HP Recommended

Could someone please explain to me how this issue is resolved? The issue was weakly addressed with an answer that did not approach the requirements of the original topic. The topic here is not just scanning multiple photos with some multi-step process. The answer that everyone wants is how HP is going to make these scanners stack up to their predecessors' capability of scanning multiple photos and automatically seperating them into individual files without any extra steps on the user's part.

The issue has not been directly addressed.

The post is not resolved.

You need to pay attention to the body of the post if you're a moderator.

HP needs to answer with a fix before too many of their all-in-one printers are returned.

I want this fixed as well. My old PSC 1410v (which still works) from about 10 years ago will do all of this and also came with OCR integrated into the software package. What is HP working on to make these new printers stack up to the customers' expectations?

HP Recommended

Resolved....really?  You mean that we should buy another brand of printer to enable all of us

disatisfied customers to scan multiple photos?! 

HP Recommended

Hi v_j_b,

The feature was restored with driver version 30.0.  Current models such as the Envy 5530 AiO do have this version and can scan multiple photos at once into individual files.

Not all models of printer can use driver version 30.

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

So what about those of us that bought an Officejet 6700 Premium (really calls that last word into question)... are we just screwed?   I have to say as a 20 year IT professional if this isn't fixed soon not only will i never buy another HP printer but i will make sure when users ask me for a recommendation I'll make them aware of this EPIC FAIL!  I'm off to the garage to rehookup my Lexmark so i can scan more than 1 pic at a time...unbelievable.

HP Recommended
Super Dave, Thank you for that information. I own the Officejet Pro 8600. The newest driver shown on the website for that is version 28.8. Does this version include the restored functionality? It would be very surprising if a printer as new as this one would not be able to use this version.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.