Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-28-2017 09:58 AM
Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post.
I understand that you are getting a server connection error on your printer.
Not to worry, I will be glad to help.
May I know when do you get this error? (Scan or print)
Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?
Please follow the procedure mention below to assign a manual IP address to the printer and this would resolve the issue you are facing.
- Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
- Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
- Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS server” and under manual preferred type 220.127.116.11 and under manual alternate type 18.104.22.168 (This is Google DNS server address)
Let me know how it goes.
I am an HP Employee