Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Section 7 is not helping me. I can't connect new hp2540 to wifi router. My mum has a new iPad Air and so no software cd drive and can't download driver online either
HP Recommended
This is not working for me and I am having exactly the same problem but I get stuck with connecting the new printer to the wifi router
HP Recommended

Hi there, at what point in the setup are you getting stuck? Are you sure the router is WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) capable? You may need to contact the router manufacturer to confirm or try searching on the web for product specification details for your router model.

If the router doens't support WPS setup, you can still print from the iPad by using the Wireless Direct function. To connect wirelessly to the printer without a router, press the Wireless Direct button from the printer control panel. If this is the first time you turn on HP wireless direct, a How to Connect information page will be printed out. Follow the instructions on the printed information page. To print the information page, press and hold the Wireless Direct button for more than 3 seconds. 

Just be aware that while you are connected to the printers won wireless network you will not have internet connectivity on the iPAd.

Hope this information helps.

Best.

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended
We just set up a 2540 which is printing from our Mac but it doesn't from my iPad, no printer is found
HP Recommended

Hi there, take a look at the "No AirPrint Printers Found" FAQ in this support document for steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.

Hope this helps resolve the issue.

Best 

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended
I can't work out how to scan a document onto my iPad?
HP Recommended
Ive just bought this printer for my daughter as she goes to uni tomorrow. I never realised its for smartphones and tablets will she be able to use it ok with her laptop via wifi and will she be able to connect it into the universities wifi
HP Recommended

Hi Kegz0, you needn't worry, the printer can be setup and used conventionally. You'll find the printers "Getting Started" webpage here where you can find step by step instructions on setting up the printer.

Hope this information helps.

Best

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

With your help I have managed to set up my new HP printer so I can print wirelessly fom my iPad.  My desktop computer is connected to the printer with the USB connection and was connected like this when I installed my printer.  When I print from my computer now, will I be printing direct or wirelessly via my router?

HP Recommended
To set up the printer for mt iPad on the wifi say it needs a password were and how do I get a password
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.