Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
3d Scanning Software

Hello,

Is HP planning on getting V5 out to more resellers? Both resellers in Australia do not list V5 as a product that they can supply, the software by itself is not available either.

Also is the software still being developed? Things seem to have gotten very quiet since HP took control. It isnt really worth investing in this if software development is non-existant and community support dries up.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ryan

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Yes there definitely seems to be a lack of interest on the part of HP with  regard to V5.

I tried to buy the HP version but after a lot of promises and nearly 2 months after paying for it,  I was sent the old David 5 version on a usb stick.

I suspect HP probably want to push their Sprout G2 scanner system instead and may have bought out David in order to minimize competition and eventually stop supporting the David/HP 3d scanner once V5 elapses.

I challenge HP to prove me wrong by being more communicative with those who own David / HP 3d scan software and tell us what their intentions are for the future of it.

Probably best to wait few months to see what develops.

Greg

HP Recommended

Hi Greg,

whatever V5 you got from reseller you are able to upgrade it to the 5.1 HP branded version for free.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended

Is it fair to assume, given HP support have seen my questions and no answer is forthcoming, that this scanning solution is dead in the water?

HP Recommended

Hi drndadoo.

Thanks for your reply.

I knew about being able to upgrade DAVID 5 to HP 5, and have already done so,  but the other concerns all legal owners of  the Software have about the lack of information on development and improvement of HP3d scanner  V 5 in the future still remains.

When is the next V5 update coming out?

Why are You the only one providing technical Support?

Will there be any improvements in the feature to use 2 cameras?

As I said earlier, let's hear some feed back from the powers that be at HP.

HP Recommended

Support does not have a lot information about research and development. I can just say that Sprout and DAVID Scanner are made for the different market segment, so Sprout does not exclude DAVID.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended

Does support have information about accessing the software or changes in the way it is distributed?

It seems odd that there is such a high barrier to access the software legally.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.