Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp photosmart 3300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After running maintenance update for windows 10   update 1703, ny HP Photosmart 3310 stopped working and could not be seen from my HP latop. The printer can be seen from another laptop though updated about the same time but the maintenance was 16?? not the 1703. Additionally HP solution Center no longer works. I was finally able to print by installing an app from the microsoft store but it does not have all of the functioality that the HP 3300 software did.

In the work around I had to enter the ip address into the app setup to get that to work. Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution to get the software to work again along with the HP solution Center.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @Jimvp

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you updated Windows on your computer and are unable to use Solution Center. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Kudos to you for using the IP address to reconfigure your printer. 

Have you checked for the full feature software for your printer on HP website?

The printer you are using falls under the Retired products. Click here

No drivers are available on www.hp.com/drivers for your printer. 

For retired printers, where drivers are not available on www.hp.com/drivers you would need to rely on Windows built-in drivers to configure the printer on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

HP Solution Center is part of full feature software meant for the printer. If full feature software is not installed, you would not be able to use Solution Center. Click here to know more.

HP Solution Center has been replaced with HP Printer Assistant which is bundled with full feature software for the printer. 

As a workaround, you continue to use the IP address of the printer to access the EWS page of the printer. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried the updates but it does not work. I can see my printer from what I did before. In other words I can go into the control panel and then select printers and devices and I see my hp 3310 printer displayed as 3300 series. If I go into a document or picture it will print, but the colors are not correct. I checked my printer and noted one color was displayed as low, so I replaced that one (magenta) and another which was showing it low on ink on the printer panel. Problem is the colors prnted are not correct.

Printed a flower which was orange and it came out yellow,so I tried printing another flower which was red and again the flower appeared yellow. The green also appears to be off, along with other shades in the background which are also tinged yellow. 

When I go into the control panel and look at my printer and then click on hardware and then click on events I get the following:

Device SWD\PRINTENUM\{B71B831D-4982-4CBF-9742-734ADFA60384} was configured.

Driver Name: printqueue.inf
Class Guid: {1ED2BBF9-11F0-4084-B21F-AD83A8E6DCDC}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.15063.0
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: NO_DRV_LOCAL
Driver Rank: 0x1
Matching Device Id: PRINTENUM\LocalPrintQueue
Outranked Drivers: oem71.inf:hpphotosmart_3300_sed788:00FF0002 c_swdevice.inf:SWD\GenericRaw:00FF3001
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: SWD\PRINTENUM\PrintQueues

When I click on all events, two are displayed about the same time on May 13. The detaisl shown are the following:

Event 1 details

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP       [ Guid] {9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}
      EventID 410       Version 0       Level 4       Task 0       Opcode 0       Keywords 0x4000000000000000     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2017-05-14T03:34:32.735746000Z
      EventRecordID 468       Correlation     - Execution
      [ ProcessID] 4       [ ThreadID] 14688
      Channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration       Computer James5-8PC     - Security
      [ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

DeviceInstanceId SWD\PRINTENUM\{B71B831D-4982-4CBF-9742-734ADFA60384}     DriverName printqueue.inf     ClassGuid {1ED2BBF9-11F0-4084-B21F-AD83A8E6DCDC}     ServiceName       LowerFilters       UpperFilters       Problem 0x0     Status 0x0

EVENT 2 Details

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP       [ Guid] {9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}
      EventID 400       Version 0       Level 4       Task 0       Opcode 0       Keywords 0x4000000000000000     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2017-05-14T03:34:32.732248700Z
      EventRecordID 467       Correlation     - Execution
      [ ProcessID] 4       [ ThreadID] 14688
      Channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration       Computer James5-8PC     - Security
      [ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

DeviceInstanceId SWD\PRINTENUM\{B71B831D-4982-4CBF-9742-734ADFA60384}     DriverName printqueue.inf     ClassGuid {1ED2BBF9-11F0-4084-B21F-AD83A8E6DCDC}     DriverDate 06/21/2006     DriverVersion 10.0.15063.0     DriverProvider Microsoft     DriverInbox true     DriverSection NO_DRV_LOCAL     DriverRank 0x1     MatchingDeviceId PRINTENUM\LocalPrintQueue     OutrankedDrivers oem71.inf:hpphotosmart_3300_sed788:00FF0002 c_swdevice.inf:SWD\GenericRaw:00FF3001     DeviceUpdated false     Status 0x0     ParentDeviceInstanceId SWD\PRINTENUM\PrintQueues
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please try to make a copy on the printer and check the print quality. If the printer is able to make a copy correctly, delete the drivers from device manager, print server properties and install it back using Windows built in drivers. Click here

Try the steps suggested in this HP Article and if the issue persists, recommend you contact our phone support for the service options available. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.