Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear JoEllen

The link i provided is about How to enable the hidden Windows 10 administrator account

That time I was able to fix my problem with this specific method. I hope it will work to you or someone else with the same problem. However, it looks like that each of us should try each of the methods/ solutions provided here in this thread until we found the suitable one for each of us. I hope my method is suitable for you if you are using Win 10.

But if you are using Win7, you might find other methods more suitable for you. Just try it. (don't forget to backup etc)

1.  Enable the hidden Win 10 administrator account

Find out about how to ENABLE the hidden windows 10 "elevated ADMINISTRATOR" account. Below link is one of the article about it: http://www.ghacks.net/2014/11/12/how-to-enable-the​-hidden-windows-10-administrator-account/ 

2. After you created the "elevated ADMINISTRATOR" account as it was informed in the above link:

Log off / sign out, or just switch from current account and login to a new elevated ADMINISTRATOR account that was just created. 

3. Install the printer software (or perhaps other softwares that have the same problem).

You need to install you printer software from this elevated ADMINISTRATOR profile regardless your profile was already an 'administrator' but not elevated administrator.

You should then be able to print from this profile. 

4. Log off / sign out, or switch from the elevated ADMINISTRATOR account to your previous account. Try to print.

I wish you also succeeded to print from your own user profile. Thank you

HP Recommended

I tried @ricky_rusdy suggestion and can print from Office in the elevated Admin account.

I can now print from my own account if I run MS-Office with Run as Administrator privileges. Not great but better than nothing.

This shows it is a Windows 10 problem (what? Another one?) and not the printer driver.

HP Recommended
That works! On Win 10 AU, I could not print on my normal profile. BUT if you run your application (Word, Excel etc.) as Administrator, everything runs fine. Maybe all we have to do is to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, maybe it would work even to install the printer as normal user. Have not tried it, but it solved some other problems I was having in Word macros after AU.
HP Recommended

Hi ...

I've had this problem since I bought this &%¤#¤%& printer. HP Officejet 7510.

Today I logged on as the superadm and lo and behold, it printed from Word.

Then I logged on with my own user account, and ran Word administrator rights, and certainly enough it printed the same document with no quircks what so ever.

So until HP and MS will sort this out, just run Office programs with administrator rights.

Have a nice time waitng on HP to solve this.

HP Recommended

I feel obligated to share my experiences and solution to this problem for those that have this printing issues.

Here's my situation:

1) Running Window 10 64x

2) I have no printing issues except documents from Word, Excel, Powerpoint, outlook...etc.

3) I have tried everything I have seen here on this forum and others.

4) I have never had printing issues as time consuming as this one. It has taken me all day today to fix.

5)

My solution and it's very simple.

1) It's to change the option from "Spool to print documents so program finishes printer faster" to "Print directly to Printer".

That was it! I appreciate everyone's helpful tips and comments here. I hope my solution will help some of you as well.

Viv

HP Recommended

This option "Print directly to Printer", is greyed out ....

HP Recommended

I faced the same problem  with my new HP Envy 7640  printer connected over the Network .  None of the programs would print from MS Office .  Came across this posting and was able to  run MS Office with administator rights and voilla!  the printers starts printing .  I have a Windows 10 on my machine.  Hope anyone facing this issue will find this as a alternate solution while HP  and Microsoft sit down and fix this issue .  Thanks !  

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Thanks.
I hope the method by clh42 in the link above,

which is http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Can-only-print-with-Admin-privileges/m-p/5635480#M286...

would solve this kind of "hp" printing problems.
I think his method is better and also quote simple.
Everyone should try it first.
Thank you.
HP Recommended

I don't know if there are still users having this problem but it has to do with rights.

When you run Word, Outlook or Excel als admin the printer works fine and all doc's are printed as desired.

I found that when you go to the program files directory where your Office version is installed and you right click the WORD.exe  executable you can chose to (depending on your Windows version) set this executable to run as Administrator (always) or set compatability en choose to run it with special rights, test it, save it and if it works do it also for Excel.exe, Outlook.exe and your other programs from Office.

It is not the best solution (that would be when it works normally) and one must keep in mind that whn clicking the desired Office programm you have to confirm you want to use it but in any way it is better than not printing at all.

For who is interested, when you initially open Windows before adding extra users it is running as Local Administrator who has all and full rights.

When you add an extra account, who you also make member of the Administrators group, this new user appears to be an Administrator but is not granted the full admin rights like the local admin is.  Not tested my self if the Office suite was installed as the genuine local Admin or as the newly added user with Admin rights and if this has effect on the problem like it is. it could be possible that when you install Office as a genuine local admin the problem will not occur.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.