Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 69xx
  1. Make sure you have removed all tape and packaging material.
  2. Plug the printer into a power source, turn on the printer, and then set your preferences.
  3. Ensure scanner lid is closed (key step). Picture A shows printer with scanner lid closed.

Picture A.PNG

Picture A: Printer with scanner lid closed

4.   Raise the ink cartridge access door from the side (either right or left, or can use both hands). Picture B shows side view of the printer, the highlighted yellow dashed line/box indicates the area where you can raise the ink cartridge access door.

Picture D.PNG

Picture B: Side view of printer, yellow dashed line/box shows area where to open the door.

5.   You can raise the door until you hear the "click" sound. There's a stopper at the end holding this ink access door.

6.   Proceed with the rest of ink installation. You can watch the animation at control panel.

Note: You can also refer to below link(s) for reference:

If you have more questions, please ASK THE COMMUNITY

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Help others by marking “Accept as Solution” if it solves your issue and click “Thumbs Up” to say thank you 🙂
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting the solution.

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.