Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello jsilva69

Thanks for the additional input. I'm most interested that the ADF works with a single page but does not for multiple pages. I was approaching it from a possible direct x problem because are searching a large majority of "video initialize errors" are related to display and video cards. But thanks for the observation I will look into this further.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hello jsilva69

You mention that the problem occurs with the ADF when using Komacode's Scan2PDF and that it works when scanning using a Windows application such as Windows Fax and Scan. What about scanning using the HP scan software that should be part of the Full Feature Software?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

HP Recommended

Hello!

Do you mean "C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet M1210 MFP Series\Scan To\hppscan0.exe"?

Error... That's the reason that I'm trying another options...

HP Recommended

Hello jsilva69

Can you please provide further details about your computer's video card, and how the printer is connected to the computer (USB, network, etc.)?

Also, do you have the latest firmware installed for your printer?

HP Recommended

Hi!

Here is my computer configuration summary:

Computer:
      Computer Type                                     ACPI x64-based PC
      Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
      DirectX                                           DirectX 11.0
    Motherboard:
      CPU Type                                          DualCore Intel Core i3-2100, 3100 MHz (31 x 100)
      Motherboard Name                                  Asus P8H61-M LX  (3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
      Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Cougar Point H61, Intel Sandy Bridge
      System Memory                                     4008 MB  (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
      DIMM1: Kingston 9905403-442.A00LF                 4 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM  (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz)  (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz)  (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz)  (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)
    Display:
      Video Adapter                                     Intel(R) HD Graphics  (1855650 KB)
      3D Accelerator                                    Intel HD Graphics 2000
      Monitor                                           Samsung SyncMaster 740N  [17" LCD]  (HXCL906341)
    Multimedia:
      Audio Adapter                                     Realtek ALC887 @ Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [B-3]
    Storage:
      IDE Controller                                    Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 1C00
      Disk Drive                                        WDC WD5000AAKX-003CA0 ATA Device  (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-III)
      Optical Drive                                     HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS90 ATA Device  (DVD+R9:8x, DVD-R9:8x, DVD+RW:22x/8x, DVD-RW:22x/6x, DVD-RAM:12x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM)
    Partitions:
      C: (NTFS)                                         116.6 GB (62.3 GB free)
      E: (NTFS)                                         349.0 GB (283.4 GB free)
      Total Size                                        465.7 GB (345.6 GB free)
    Network:
      Primary IP Address                                192.168.0.100
      Primary MAC Address                               54-04-A6-91-D0-B3
      Network Adapter                                   Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller  (192.168.0.100)
	Printer:
	  Model                                             HP LaserJet Professional M1212nf MFP
      Format Number                                     YQ205NB
      Serial Number                                    [Personal Information Removed]
      Firmware Date                                     20120901
      Host Name                                         NPI4C8123
      Hardware Address                                  10:60:4B:4C:81:23
      IPv4 Address                                      192.168.0.250
      IPv6 Address                                      FE80::1260:4BFF:FE4C:8123

One more thing...

If I use Windows Fax and Scan, ADF works wonderfully! Obviously, no PDF output there!
That's why I think that there is something wrong in the HP scanning software solution...

HP Recommended

Scanning multiple pages with ADF using Adobe Acrobat Professional.

Mission acomplished!

So, no hardware problem, no driver problem, no twain problem...

Ergo, HP software problem...

HP Recommended

I have the same error. HP Print and Scan Doctor do not find any problems. But when I try to make PreScan - get this errorHPerror.jpg

HP Recommended

go to start> run >  type twain_32 >> in the folder which opens delete all except wiatwain.ds >> restart pc and check. also go to start >> run >> services.msc >> make sure all these services are started and automatic

Remote Procedure call

Remote Procedure call locator

Windows installer

windows image acquisition

shell hardware detection

restart pc and check.

HP Recommended

No way. Same error.

HP Recommended

When i am try sacn my hp laserjet M1212nf mfp printer, its showing Sti Error , Video initilize error, how can i solve this problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.