Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
T7100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anyone ever experienced the "Show preview before printing" option to not display on the Paper/Quality or Features tabs?  We share our T7100 plotter on a Windows print server.  The printer was moved to a new IP address.  However, the "Show preview before printing" option would still redirect my browser to the old IP address.  So I deleted the printer and re-installed it back and now the "Show preview before printing" option is missing entirely.  Everything else seems to be there.

So I downloaded the latest driver from HP and installed it.  However, that did not change anything, the option is still missing.  On another computer that hasn't been modified, the option is there but redirects to the old IP address.  I'm scared to change that computer since the option will disappear.

On a different computer that never has the plotter installed, the option is not there either.

What would cause it to disappear?  Permissions?  Local permissions?  Something else?

Thanks for reading and any help on troubleshooting.

Steve

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I found out that a registry entry isn't being made when the T7100 is installed from the print server.  The REG_SZ HPEWSIPAddress name which contains the IP Address like "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,0"

So when I manually create that value, then the "Show preview before printing" shows up.

The registry entry is in the following subkey:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Prividers\Client Side Rendering Providers\Servers\_YourPrintServerName_\Printers\{_GUID_of_Printer_Installation_}\PrinterDriverData

So the HPEWSIPAddress value goes under the PrinterDriverData key.

I don't know why that value isn't getting created.  I would like to know why. It used to work just 2 months ago.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.