Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought the HP Laserjet P2055dn because of its automatic 2 sided printing. This feature works just fine with PCs that are running Windows XP.

However, when I try to setup 2-sided printing from a PC with Windows 7 Professional (64 bit), it specifically says "2 sided printing (manual)"

How do I get back my automatic 2-sided printing option?

Thanks,

Fred

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello fvoss22,

I've seen this same issue with my printers (other HP printers) whereby the default setting to support the Duplexing hardware was set to 'off'.

A quick method to check this is look at what the setting is for Duplex hardware in the Device Settings tab, and if it's not set, correct it.

Printer Properties:

From the 'Start' orb -> [Devices & Printers] -> right click on your Printer icon -> select 'Printer Properties' -> click on 'Device Settings' tab.

You should see a dialog similar to the mine (attached): look for the 'Duplex unit (for 2-sided printing)' and see if it's set to "Not Installed":

--> in either case, click on 'Not installed' and from the dropdown box, select 'Installed'... Click 'OK' to accept the changes and close the dialog.

Printing Preferences:

again, right click on your Printer icon -> select 'Printing Preferences' -> click on 'Advanced' tab.

-->Check to see if there is a 'Duplex Hardware' or '2-sided printing' option in here: mine doesn't show one but thougth I'd mention it nonetheless.

Click on the 'Finishing' tab and select 'Print on both sides'...or simply test print a multi-page document and set those preferences on-the-fly.

Hope it helps! 🙂

HardCopyTed

Regards,
HardCopy (I am employed by HP) [If this was helpful, please mark this 'Solved' or 'Accept as Solution' so others can find this too]

How to Give Kudos | How to mark as Solved
HP Recommended

Ted,

I am away from the printer until the weekend. Will check out your suggestion then

Thanks!

Fred

HP Recommended

Wonderful!

Excellent!

Worked exactly as you described.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

thanks alot, now  can print two side auto. :manvery-happy:

HP Recommended

how can i setup my hplaserjet p2055dn to print two sided printing

HP Recommended
two sied printing
HP Recommended

thanks .. it's work

HP Recommended

Thank you so very much for this post! It worked perfectly. We are back to two sided again!

HP Recommended

Worked perfectly. Also noticed on the same 'Device Settings' menu the 'Automatic Configuration' was set to off. I set it to ON and it seemed to make the change to Duplex Unit: Installed. Not sure why this HP Printer is the only one that ive ever had this issue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.